PDA

View Full Version : Balance?

Jimbo1189
06-11-09, 15:31
Hey Guys
Ive had this very strange symptom that has been worrying me for a few days now. It is the feeling of falling or being ever so slightly off balance, like sometimes im walking and i suddenly feel like the floor has become very soft and my steps are sinking into it. I went to the doctors who said it could be my ears and gave me certain things to carry out to clean them and to go back for them to be syringed. I was just wondering has anyone else had a feeling like this during anxiety, because i seem to get it whenever even when im not consciously feeling anxious. Could this be anxiety?

bluebee
06-11-09, 15:37
Yeah I have had exactly this. Also been feeling like I'm on a boat, rocking back and fowards. I don't think it's anything to worry about. I am suffering from anxiety more than usual at the moment so that might be it. :)

gypsywomen
06-11-09, 16:37
yes on and off its awfull

SleeplessFog
06-11-09, 19:01
I have an inner ear problem and it causes the ground to feel uneven and weird, and my vision occasionally bounces, along with other things like feeling off balance.

I get it even when I am not anxious....and anxiety makes the problem way way worse for me.

agent orange
06-11-09, 19:03
yes most of the time, probably anxiety I think.

KK77
06-11-09, 19:18
Yes, used to get that and no medication helped either. Gone now thank God.

MOJO
10-11-09, 10:07
I am suffering from this again. It went off for a few weeks but oh joy it's back! Had ears checked but waiting for neck x ray. Only thing is this time my ear is actually making really weird popping and crackling sounds. Wonder if this time it is an ear problem?

Gareth
10-11-09, 15:07
Yes this is my second time of going through the mill with anxiety, and the off balance thing is a new symptom this time. Amazing how this condition morphs into new things when you've defeated the first set...

I feel like I am really unsteady on my feet and off balance, sometime I have to concentrate really hard on just walking in a straight line, on putting one foot in front of the other.

I've never fallen, I'm sure I never will, and neither will you. It's just your frayed nerves.

All the best,
Gareth

skippy66
10-11-09, 16:06
I get this every time I walk into a pub or stand in a queue, anywhere.

Funny thing is, in the pub I seriously feel like I'm going to fall over. Then after about 2 pints the feeling completely subsides and I'm back to normal.

I'm 100% sure its panic/anxiety related.

Panic33
10-11-09, 18:08
I had exactly the same symptom just over a year ago - was put down to anxiety and when my anxiety stopped so did the balance problem.

mark1980
10-11-09, 18:25
Yes! I am currently having a very dizzy stage, like sleeplessfog I had some fluid behind the ear which seemed to have set things off and the rest is probably anxiety.

I am seeing a neurologist tomorrow relating to this, it may just be labyrinthitis (not a nice condition itself, but at least not deadly) and anxiety can make this happen too. I have moments when it is worse and then settles for a short while.

Topazmataz
10-11-09, 20:20
me to me to!!!!!!!!!! yes I feel it . am convinced that i hve some horrible condition but then i have health anxiety thats what i do..... but it has to be anxiety as nearly everyone on here has this symptom in some degree or another... i can be going along quite happily when hey presto dizzy off balance panic fear nightmare. i would pay highly to just get rid of it its crap.XXXXXX so there! doctors checked ears nothing liver thyroid heart hormones blood pressure all normal!!!!!!!!!!!!! so what the hell do i do . bieng anxious makes me dizzy . bieng dizzy makes me bloody anxious and noone can seem to tell me why it keeps happening!!!!

Amazeen
10-11-09, 21:41
I have this symptom to. It's just anxiety, but it is really uncomfortable. I had an episode of this today while teaching, good times....

agent orange
11-11-09, 16:49
It's a viscious circle, we have a symptom when not anxious and then we worry, then we feel ill and goes on and on, but we must stop.... I too feel off balance as if i'm not able to stand, but when i push hard with my feet, i'm able to do so, but when i walk i feel very weird and it's horrible. I have had it 3 years on and off, mostly on, have been checked thoroughly etc and nothing wrong in the brain or anywhere. So it must be anxiety (chronic), tiredness etc....

valleybear
11-11-09, 16:57
Have had this with anxiety...lasted for a few weeks. I have no probs with my ears and the feeling of being slightly off balance all the time has not returned so far. Anxiety related in my case certainly.