PDA

View Full Version : Feeling fed up....Do GP's know anything?

candee86
06-11-09, 15:37
Hello All,

Sorry to be on a downer...im usual the upbeat one who loves to give advice and havent felt this fed up in a long time!!

I have been off work now for 3 weeks...been put on new tablets two weeks ago and still not feeling the benefit as it normally takes 4 weeks? and waiting for a CBT appointment which is in 2 weeks!

The doctor signed me off until today and said that she doesnt want to write me another sick note and says I really should be going back to work on Monday!! How????? There is no way I can go back feeling like this...I can barely go out on my own at the moment so how does she expect me to go to work??

I have called the Patients advice service...called them last Friday and 3 times since and promised a call back with nothing!! Called the local Mental Health Team where I am waiting for CBT who said they 'might' be able to call my doctor to explain the situation and see if that helps the matter but other than that they dont know what I can do??!?!?!

What do I do because if I dont get a doctors note for work I will lose my job and there is no way I can go back at the moment!!

Please help...so fed up!!

Sorry to moan and be a downer!

Candy xxxx

onceagain
06-11-09, 16:02
Hi Candee

I'm really sorry to hear you having such a hard time. Is it only the one doctor that you can see at the surgery, my original doctor did nothing to support me but I could only see her, so I changed surgery. Try to get a second opinion x

KK77
06-11-09, 16:38
Hi Candy
I'm sure if you go back to your GP and explain that you've thought about it and you feel that you just couldn't cope with going back at the moment that she'd help you. Sometimes if we keep quiet doctors think that they can make decisions for us - that's why it's so important to voice your feelings. If you get the mental health team to call her she may think you've gone behind her back and you're not being honest with her.
But if you've told her how you feel about going back to work and she still insists that you're ready, then that's a different matter and I would think seriously about changing a GP that doesn't listen to my concerns (or see another GP within the practice).
Hope you sort it out. X