PDA

View Full Version : Pembrokeshire lady

pembrokeshire lady
06-11-09, 15:46
Hi . Im new on here , I dont even know if Im writing in the right place . I have had bad anxiety since I was about thirteen and I am 36 now . I have been taking seroxat (paxil ) on and off since I was 22. My doctor has been very helppful and has arranged cognitve behavioural therapy for me . Nothing really fixes me for good . I am a born worrier , nothing can change that. I have taken it upon myself to get help from another behavioural therapist . She was into relaxing me into a type of hypnotic state and getting me to chant out what I want from life , untill she thought I believed it , five minutes later when I got home I was the old me again.
My biggest fear for the last ten years has been my fear of my palpitations and skipped beats . I paid to see a private cardiologist that took my heart readings over 48 hours . During this time he picked up on several ectopic and supra ventricular ectopics. I then pushed for a heart scan , the one that checks the size of your heart and its functioning . This showed normal left functional , barely no valvular abnormalitys , which I thought was a bit of a vage thing to say. He therefore said it was nothing to worry about and said I needed no further tests. My doctor recieved a copy of this letter and said the same ,its time to decide to accept this and just get on with life . I am having huge difficulty with this and I cant move on . At time I am crippled with fear . I recently had to come back from a holiday in France, as I begged my boyfriend and my son to take the four hour ferry trip and 500 mile drive back after one day . I feel like the worst mum in the world ,I had promised my son eurodisney . I just couldnt stick it . The fear started inside me as I got more and more tired and the further we were driving away from Home , the more I was needing the toilet and getting a dry mouth and palpitations . I am home now but I never want to do this to my family again. Does anyone understand how I feel ?

nomorepanic
06-11-09, 15:49
Hi pembrokeshire lady

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

PanicOver!!
06-11-09, 16:00
Hi

Sorry you are feeling low

If i have read your story right your biggest worry is your palputations

i have had these for years and although a bit scary thet are harmless
one thing i can say is the less you worry about them the less frequent and less intense they become... i know its not easy but try and just accept them and they will reduce

best wishes