PDA

View Full Version : Please Reassure Me

lamentinglaura
06-11-09, 16:44
I've been obsessing about cancer for months now. I asked for a chest x-ray because I had lung symptoms ... it came out normal. I had arm pain and went to an orthopedist and he said I had Carpal Tunnel and inflamed rotator cuff tendons. He prescribed an anti-inflammatory and said to do stretching exercises and to see him in 3 months. If I am still in pain he'll do an MRI. I'm convinced that it's some kind of a tumor causing the arm symptoms. I was sure I had breast cancer and had a mammogram ... normal. I had full blood work done ... all fine. I'm feeling sick all the time and am convinced I have something fatal. It's on my mind all the time. Please tell me it's all anxiety related.

gypsywomen
06-11-09, 16:59
relax yes it is ,,this is one of the main worries when we get something wrong we automatically go into fear mode have i got,,,,,,,in the end we convince ourselves we have ,,when its only the mind playing its games awful thou it is ,,,hope this helps hun

PanicOver!!
06-11-09, 17:03
Certainly sounds like Health anxiety

your tests have been normal and the likelyhood of having cancer is so small there are thousands of other things it could be.

I was having pins and needles down my left arm and was convinced it was my heart... i made them do all the tests but it turned out to be a nerve strain from playing my guitar too much lol

we all fear the worst when we get pains but the worst very rarely comes true

Best wiashes

lamentinglaura
07-11-09, 09:27
Thanks for the replies. This HA is hell to deal with.