PDA

View Full Version : Memory.. I feel like Im losing it!

nikkinik
06-11-09, 16:51
Im starting to get quite worried that theres something wrong.

It goes without saying that I feel ill ALL the time.. I feel like I need to sleep from 2pm everyday, Im nauseous pretty much everyday etc, lethargic, general feeling of being run down everyday etc..

I just seem to be unable to think lately, or I go to say something and I go totally blank. My spelling is off a lot of the time too and I sometimes cant think how a word is meant to look at all.

But yesterday my son said to me 'I feel dehydrated'
..he was chatting away about it, asking me questions and I just lay there trying to think about what he initially said.
I was just laying there thinking 'Dehydrated.. Hmmm, I know that word, Ive heard it before, but what does that mean?' I was actually getting quite scared. Ive been dehydrated a few times (mainly due to being sick etc), so I know full well what it means as my partner is always on about it.. so why did I go totally blank?:weep:

Then today.. It was my Nannas funeral and there were some flowers with her name on, I looked at them and said 'why is that on there?' I genuinely didnt know why her name was on them, I was convinced it was wrong as for a few minutes I thought it shouldve been my Grandads name on them (he died 2 yrs ago).

Am I finally losing it? :weep:

joyce1980
06-11-09, 18:17
Relax for a moment and let me explain what this all could be.

When you have suffered with prolonged stress/depression/HA, it all takes its toll on the body and you must expect some negative symptoms to start showing as a result. read one of my posts, I had the same problem as you.

It was all due to being depressed, lack of sleep, not eating well, 100000 other things were on my mind at the time and my brother had just passed away.

Your body can only take so much im afraid. The good:) news is you are NOT loosing your mind, you are exhausted and run down and your mind is thinking many other things than what is happening in the present.

My advice is for you to try and get some rest (dont feel guilty about a good sleep once in a while) plenty of water, a good multi vitamin, regular healthy meals AND try to relax and be good to yourself.:)

Pop in to your Dr and get your iron checked and also explain how you feel. I say this because you may need some outside help to get back on track, for me it was medication but there are many other therapies on offer.

All the best