PDA

View Full Version : funny throat

Mable
09-11-05, 00:22
Now I think I've got throat cancer. Having been a smoker for 20 years (given up 2 years ago), I have a dreadful fear of cancer. I am 40 years old. I have had a tickly cough/irritated throat for a few months on and off. Tonight with the help of a torch, I have found 2 small white blister looking things at the back of my tongue on the side of my mouth/throat, about where your tonsils would be (I had mine out as a kid).

God I am so scared and panicking. I will have to go to the docs tomorrow, and get it investigated. I think I need something now to calm me down. I am sick of feeling this level of anxiety with every symptom.

Any advice anyone? I feel terrible....[V]

Piglet
09-11-05, 10:20
Could it be a throat infection - there is a lot going around at the mo.

Good luck at the doctors and let us know how you get on.

Love piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

jue69
09-11-05, 10:36
Hi Mable

I too had my tonsils out as a child and have white scars either side of my throat at the back. I think you will find it's quite normal.

Jue.

mirry
09-11-05, 12:54
Hi,

I expect you have a virus because there are alot going around at the moment, I am going to hospital in 1 hour to have a scan on my throat because my glands have been swallon for nearly 4 months now, I have taken antibiotics but it dont work.
On top of all this 2 weeks ago I went down with pharingitis of the throat and have one white spot on my right hand toncil and 3 little blisters on my left hand side....I expect this is what you have but do show your doctor because he may give you something for it.

mirryx

Mable
09-11-05, 23:35
Hi Mirry, Jue and Piglet,

Thanks for your advice and kind words! I went to the docs this morning, who assured me that it was not throat cancer. He could see the little blisters, and I think he said he thought they were ulcers, and a bit of a viral throat infection, but absolutely nothing to worry about. He suggested gargling with antiseptic mouthwash. so that is what I am doing, and trying not to look down my throat every 5 minutes with a torch. I have succeeded in not looking at all since first thing this morning!

I don't feel too bad, but it always takes a few days for the panic to subside. I also asked for some tablets to help with the OCD. I don't know if I'll take them or not....

Mable[:I]

RedMozzy
09-11-05, 23:50
Hi,

You know, I wish I'd never heard of than damn "c" word because I've done nothing but panic about it since my anxiety attacks came back a few weeks ago.

hope you feel better now

Alan

"Life's a roller-coaster and I am not strapped in"