PDA

View Full Version : Going mad please help squeezing chest pain

janni
06-11-09, 17:29
:weep: I know anxiety can produce all sort of symptoms including chest pain and I can tolerate the sharp pains pretty well but now and again I get this squeezing pain that only lasts for about 6 seconds maybe then its gone again but I cant find anything anywhere that says anxiety can cause squeezing chest pains I can only find Angina :( I have had ecg which was fine but I know angina doesnt always show up on them. I'm so worried cos they pains come out the blue even at rest and I am so convinced there is a blood flow problem or something else or am I being hysterical and can anxiety actually cause this kind of pain. Thank you to all who reply. A very scared janni xx

gypsywomen
06-11-09, 17:36
janni if it was your hearet the pain wouldnt just last a short time,, when we are anxoius our boddies react in strang ways ,,it always seem to affect our heads or chests ,,what is your pulse rate when this happens i ask as i was a nurse could you check it ,

janni
06-11-09, 17:40
because of the chest pain im a pulse checker and its mainly faster than normal when i get those pains sometimes it feels fainter than it should be and sometimes stronger i get palpitations too and im just so convinced that theres something wrong my heart can go up to 120bpm at rest but i know that can be anxiety too thanks gypsy xxxx

margaret jones
06-11-09, 17:44
Janni hi you have had a stressfull day where in your chest does it seem to be squeezing ? I often get sharp pains in my chest and a squeezing feeling but usually it is tension in my stomach that causes it Could that be what it is Janni ?

gypsywomen
06-11-09, 17:48
when you anxious yes its normal to race its the adrenaline racing around your body that causes this ,,i dont think you pains are your heart but you could have a word with your doctor ,,to put your mind at ease,,, the heart is stronger than you think look at athletes ,there pulse rate can go up to 2O0 beats its not the fastness docter looks for ts how long it takes to get back down if you understand try to relax love

janni
06-11-09, 21:49
:hugs:ty for replies, I just guess I am stuck with this in my head atm xx