PDA

View Full Version : erm Hi....

Valkiri
06-11-09, 20:15
Hi my name is Cat, I am 41 and have suffered from mental illness most of my adult life without realising it. 5 years ago got diagnosed as having severe clinical depression, Bi-polar disorder, social anxiety disorder and OCD. I have been on anti-depressants for all of that time (most recently, Citalopram 40mg), with beta blockers, a short spell on an Atypical anti-sych med and various sleepers.
I haven't left my home unattended in over 3 years and then can only go to my families houses, anything beyond that is impossible. As of right now I haven't left my home in over six months (not even to take out the rubbish).
Last week I decided that it was time to stop with the medication (the truth behind this decision is I can no longer visit my GP), I am 9 days into serious withdrawal and am suffering badly, but I am determined to get through this.

Any help, advice or comments will be greatly appreciated.

diane07
06-11-09, 20:16
Hi Valkiri

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Thorny
07-11-09, 12:14
:welcome: Valkiri,

I'd like to echo what Diane7 & Tetley have said.

There is alot of support here. I'm sure you'll find it helpful:)

Take Care & all the best

Matt