PDA

View Full Version : Feeling a tad lost

blessing
06-11-09, 20:21
av been doing ok but this week am a total state! really panicy about every situation where i might be on my own. been seeing a therapist which has worked wonders but have hit a wall.
my husband has been a real pain and keeps bringing up how am not willing to do anything and he always has to put his life on hold for me. totally down. hate this whole agraphobia thing just now, when is it my turn for a brake? xxx

maxine
06-11-09, 21:03
Don't give up hope with the therapist!!!

Everyone hits "a wall" during their recovery for one to a better word... I personally view it as dealing with any situations that arise with a better attitude than running away.

Try not to be too hard on your hubby , it sounds as though he is struggling to understand the situation.
It's important that you continue to communicate with him , explain that you know that the circumstances you have both found yourself in is hard for him but assure him you are trying to deal with it.

I too was a full blown Agoraphobic for years, and although at the moment I'm still contending with having panic attacks I can at least be alone and go out on my own.

Please don't give up hope.. you can and will get better but patience is required!!

Maxine

bottleblond
06-11-09, 21:05
Hi blessing

I am agoraphobic too so i know what you're going through.
your husband has to realise that these remarks will only make you feel worse rather than better. You need positive input rather than negative. The more positive feedback you get will make you more determind to fight this, someone making you feel low is only going to make you feel sad and ashamed!

Perhaps ask him to read though the forum on this subject as it may give him a better understanding and insight of the condition.

Best of luck hun
Lisa
xxx