PDA

View Full Version : Do your dizzy spells seem worse on the day of an a

LeighD
09-11-05, 04:55
Hi to all my newfound pillars of strength. I have just returned from a shopping trip to the mall, having started my day feeling dizzy.
Kept popping rescue Remedy in the hopes that it would calm down.

Then, in the middle of Target, my 5 year old went AWOL at precisely the same time as my dizziness suddenly went berserk, my vision blurred, and needless to say I hit the old Panic Attack head on. I immediately, then and there in the middle of the store, took a Xanax.

It is now about 40 minutes from that point and I feel exhausted, shaky and still dizzy and very stuffy headed. Is this common?

I must say that throughout the whole experience I kept remembering that so many of you have suffered this continual dizziness. I think that that particular thought, for the first time, made me realise I was not dying at that point. It really gave me comfort.

I was wondering, since my dizziness seemed more pronounced today, if that is a warning sign that an attack is on its way.

I spoke to my doc today about the dizziness, as it may also be a side effect of the Cipramil. She suggested that I take the pill at night and not in the morning to see if it makes a difference. Any thoughts - have any of you had a similar experience? She also said that the side effects should abate after a while.

I would really appreciate some advice.

Thanks
Leigh

mirry
09-11-05, 07:36
Hi Leigh,

I think if I awake feeling dizzy in the morning it usually means I have a tough day ahead.

I often say out of all my symtoms ;

shakey, hot flushing,palpatations,blurred vision and dizzyness, its the dizzy spells I find the most difficult to cope with because they scare me if i feel im going to fall or look like a drunk.

Like you say theres alot of us who suffer with this.

mirryx

Piglet
09-11-05, 09:30
I don't know whether it means I am going to have a bad day or not it usually come in longer cycles for me ie; I have a few days or weeks of feeling dizzy then if I ignore it, it passes.

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Meg
10-11-05, 21:19
You did well Leigh and glad you're over it and just feeling the end effects of it now, its just adrenalin working its way out of the body over time.

No, a dizzy day does not automatically lead to panic - unless you allow it to spiral downwards .

It does mean you need to take extra care of yourself and watch and be alert for extra stresses that may creep up on you.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?