PDA

View Full Version : Range of symptoms - chills, pin prick dots, cold hands and feet

B-gal
06-11-09, 23:29
Hi all,

Ive had a good look on this site and it seems much better than other forums because people on here dont seem to tell you your symptoms are probably cancer, hivs, etc etc. you guys on here are actually really helpful and seem to have provided a lot of support for people, so here goes......

Over the last few weeks I havent felt myself. It all started mid september with a leg pain my doc said was from running (fair enough because I was training for my first 10k) But since then its been one thing after another. I noticed while running I was getting quite bad bruising on my lower legs, then I noticed a rash type thing on my leg - the doc diagnosed it as a fungal infection and gave me cream. He said it might have been linked to the amount of working out and therefore sweating (yucky i know) that I was doing.

But while applying the cream I noticed tiny pin prick red dots on my upper and lower thighs, some in random clusters, some in circular clusters. I went to the doctor and he has taken blood for testing and Im to go back next week. He said their not related to the fungal thing)
Also, I went through a period of about a week of having diarrehoa, extreme thirst and feeling chilly, especially my hands and feet which are freezing esp at night. I went and got tested for diabetes when I was experiencing thirst but it said it wasnt that. The diarrohea has subsided and its just chills, cold hands and pin prick dots, fungal infection and also other sort of marks on my skin that kinda look like a bit whiter than my normal skin colour and theyre also sorta circluar in shape. I also can feel quite warm suddenly with slightly flushed skin. but mostly i feel cold (hands and feet are freezing).

Has anyone had similar experiences of this before? Please dont reply to tell me I have a life threatening disease as it wont help with the fact Im already so worried, because Ive made contact with the doctor and am getting my results next week, and Id rather wait till then to be told anything serious like that, but if you have any qualified or experienced insights please do let me know so I can discuss these with my doctor if the blood tests dont reveal anything. I am realli worried as I never get sick realli and I just know Ive not been myself.

NoPoet
07-11-09, 23:35
Hi, I think if anyone tells you that your condition is serious they are an idiot. It sounds like you are very sensitive about your health and you are looking for every imperfection. I can practically guarantee you that your health is as good as anyone else's. If you look for imperfections you will find them cos none of us are perfect, with the possible exception of Lucie Jones from X Factor.

The red dots could be anything - skin irritation, heat rash/sweat rash (the most likely cause), minor non-threatening allergic reaction, bites from an insect, a graze, burst blood vessels - there is probably no way you'll ever know for sure.

The diarrohea could have been caused by nerves or a stomach bug, but it's gone now so there is no point worrying about it.

Cold and/or tingling extremeties can be a sign of anxiety -- I'm not sure if the tingling can be caused by hyperventilation, which is usually brought on by panic or stress. It could simply be that you are not warm enough in bed.

If you do a lot of exercise, make sure you not only wash yourself thoroughly, but dry yourself properly as well. Pat the skin with a towel, don't rub hard. A prickling sensation in the skin which comes on during or after a period of exercise or even a hot bath can be "prickly heat" which goes away on its own.

Hope this helps!

B-gal
08-11-09, 00:27
Hi , thank you so much for your message, was beginning to think noone would ever reply.

I have definately considered that a lot of the symptoms have been brought on by stress, and that I probably only noticed these things on my leg because having to apply my cream to my leg....Im not in a habit of examing my skin except when applying fake tan lol, so maybe its always been there.

Its just a little worrying when you have visible signs such as diarrehoa, and very cold extremities (my bf was a wee bitty shocked at how cold I was) , and can actually see things on you like wee rashes.
The doctor said the red dots were a bleeding under the skin and its realli it that concerns me. He said it could be something trivial or not so trivial.

I think its the fact it was soooo many things appeared all at once and Im never ill,b4 this episode I have only been to the docs twice in the last 7 or so years.He seemed pretty concerned that 5 pounds has dropped off me in the last two weeks, and I havent even been working out this past while bcause I busted my leg running. Ive been eating like a pie too....but it could just be the stress of worrying about it.

Good news is that for the first time in 3 weeks I havent felt particularly chilly and havent felt the sort of light headed weird feeling I have had every single day. My hands are even warm right now, although the cold painful hands only seems to be a prob when Im in bed. So heres hoping it was a wee virus that is getting its way outta my system slowly but surely.

Still, I will def come on and reveal my blood results next week and need to ask the doc y new little rashes appear and hopefully itl just be summin that a wee cream will solve. thats realli my main worry now along with the pin pricks. but ive calmed down a lot. Was walking home from work and thought to myself 'screw this' im not letting this wee blip worry me when all I can do is wait for my results.

As for the mingy sweaty thing, I think its because I have a habit of staying in the gym for over 2 hours at a time. Too hours in sweaty jogging bottoms is not good :roflmao:

And for me its Mr Olly Murs who is a little ball of perfection:blush: lol

Thanks again for your comforting words :)

xxxxxx

B-gal
12-11-09, 13:04
Just thought Id give a wee update for anyone reading. I have been put on meds as the doctor suspects lyme disease...waiting on results which should be back in about a week but he wanted to start me on them straight away.

xxx

gypsywomen
12-11-09, 13:12
hi well at least your on med hope they work for you and you feel better soon tryto relax i agree ollie he is great a true artist i could watch him all night lol

B-gal
12-11-09, 13:34
Thanks huni. O yes his trousers keep getting snugger each week :blush: lol

Take care
xxx

gypsywomen
12-11-09, 13:40
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::rofl mao::roflmao::roflmao::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:: bighug1:your funny lol