PDA

View Full Version : Isn't It Infuriating & Depressing?

agingwuss
07-11-09, 07:56
I just had to come on here and sound off about how fed up I am that my HA has come back after several months doing really well!
Earlier in the week I got myself into a stupid state about a very small loss of weight [and I'm trying to lose it!]. Luckiy I put a message onto this site and got several really helpful replies which managed to put a stop to my obsessing. Thanks guys!
But then yesterday about 10am I found a really teeny tiny spot on my gum and I went nuts again. Thank heaven for this site! If I hadn't been able to search this site for relevant entries I'm certainly I'd have ended Googling which would have been a disaster!
And fancy that?! I went out with some friends in the evening & found the stop had totally disappeared - it hadn't even lasted 24 hours!
I'm so cross with myself but I suppose I'll just have to start again from the begining with my CBT notes and my really useful book.
Apologies for the endless rant but writing all this down has done me good already. Has anyone else found this - months of freedom and then it all goes pear-shaped again? :wacko:

westofengland
07-11-09, 09:12
yes for sure! My therapist tells me that HA is one of the toughest forms of Obessive Compulsive Disorder to treat as it feels so real - and we are bombarded by health messages and stuff from cancer charities everyday.

I had a sore on my tongue, and of course, Googled it - mouth cancer. The sore lasted less than two days!

I find the mornings and early evening worst times for me. Morning is bad as I wake up and the worrying starts, evening bad when the sun goes down - I don't like dark winter nights.

Hang in there, don't beat yourself up and realise it's a long haul. Also, because we are HA sufferers we are never going to be totally relaxed when we discover what we think is a symptom, but we can learn to manage our responses and not panic. I hope! Remember, we are OBSESSED with our health and have a COMPULSION to seek reassurance, either by constantly checking our bodies, going online or going to the docs.

Humly
07-11-09, 09:28
It certainly is. I have gone nearly two years without anything too bad but its back with a vengance. It really is getting me down.