PDA

View Full Version : Eating but don't seem to be gaining weight!

pinkrose
07-11-09, 10:00
Hi

In the last 2 weeks my appetite has come back a bit (following a particularly bad bout of anxiety). I am eating a bit more normally now, but I don't seem to putting on any weight - which i'm now worrying about and, of course, now thinking there is something wrong with me!! :unsure: I lost over half a stone.

Has anyone else had this problem and does it take a while for the weight to return to normal? Can somebody put my mind at rest?!!!

marcc64
07-11-09, 10:03
Sometimes I eat loads, mostly junk food as well, pizza, burgers, chips all that stuff and I never gain weight lol I don't no why tho :unsure:

pinkrose
07-11-09, 11:42
Yep, it's a bit of a mystery. Maybe anxiety burns up all the calories!!

Gazman
07-11-09, 11:46
I lost 2 stone in less than 2 months, i couldn't eat and felt sick cuz of anxiety, ended up having an endoscopy and ct scan of my stomach and surrounding areas, all came back clear.

I still haven't put much weight back on 1 month later except maybe 2 or 3 lbs, it does take a while and like the doc said to me, if your still feeling slightly anxious or worried then the weight is gonna be harder to put back on.

Luckily my weight leveled off and has at least stayed at that weight, which i'm thankful for

pinkrose
07-11-09, 11:57
Thanks for that Gazman. That's put my mind at rest a little bit. I've reached the stage where I don't get the scales out now in case I've lost any more weight. I'm still very anxious really so I suppose when that calms down a bit I may notice a difference. I'm glad you've found your weight has now levelled off. It's weird but I hate losing weight due to anxiety, because you kind of feel you can't control it.

Gazman
07-11-09, 12:31
i agree, i was weighing myself every other day and was noticing 1lb loss nearly every time, the doc told my gf to hide the scales lol, i don't weigh myself anymore.

Anxiety either makes you lose so much weight or you put loads on, depending on if you can't eat or comfort eat i suppose.

PanicOver!!
07-11-09, 12:56
Hi
I lost a stone and was eating normaly
doc said when you are anxious you burn loads of calories
due to the extra adrenaline used
so it's quite normal x

Humly
07-11-09, 13:50
Hi. I'm the same. I've lost over half a stone in the last few weeks purely because I've got no appetite due to the anxiety. I have to force myself to eat. Its happened to me in the past and I think its true that anxiety does burn off loads of calories. So dont worry about it. It may take time but you will start to put weight back on.

pinkrose
07-11-09, 15:37
Thank you marcc64, gazman, panicover and humly - you've all helped to put my mind at rest. Thanks again x:)