PDA

View Full Version : the positive side of health anxiety.

hunnybunny
07-11-09, 11:28
I was just sitting here thinking (as you do), and it suddenly sprung to mind that all the wierd symptoms that go with anxiety and depression we say or come across all the time. if you read a lot ( i do) notice how many ways things are described in certain situations for example " I shook with fear", or " i felt sick to my stomache", or even " I went numb with terror" not forgeting " my stomache was churning". Im sure you can all think of tons more, so if you look it this way our bodies are functioning just as they are meant too. may be should worry more when they dont. lol.:D

Humly
07-11-09, 14:31
Hi. Our problem is the way we interpret our bodily sensations, always imagining them to be something serious when they rarely are. When we notice a symptom, we start to worry that it must be signalling some serious disease. We then become more anxious and the symptoms can persist and possibly even get worse. How many times have you done this? Quite a few in my case. Anyway, this is what it says in my health anxiety book - I'm not really that clever lol.

hunnybunny
07-11-09, 15:56
oh yes sometimes I feel the most weird sensations and then Ill sit and try to anylize it, and if it goes I then begin thinking maybe I didnt feel it at all and I just imagined it the body and mind can play the most horrid tricks on us.