PDA

View Full Version : A shy hello

Deafen
07-11-09, 11:57
Hello

I'm new to this site. I've tried other sites in the past but for about six months haven't really been online a great deal. I thought things were going great in my life and pretended that I was over most of my problems. I thought I could bury the bad ways of thinking from the past but have realised that just saying to myself that my anxiety and depression have gone doesn't make it so. My behaviour in recent months has made me realise that I've got a long way to go.

For a long while I thought that my main problem was Social Anxiety and if that lifted all would be well. Have realised recently that when it does lift, often it's replaced with blank empty depression.

I suppose I'm still learning about how to interact with other people, hopefully this site will help.

Oh, I'm a bloke, 35 years old and live in Southern England. Hello :)

nomorepanic
07-11-09, 11:59
Hi Deafen

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

pinkrose
07-11-09, 12:03
Hi Deafen

Welcome to the site. I was glad to find it and makes you realise you are not alone. I can relate to much of what you said. (I'm 39 and female).:welcome:

Thorny
07-11-09, 12:09
:welcome: Deafen

This site is certainly helping me since i joined, & i'm sure you'll find it helpful too. There are some very understanding & helpful people here :)

In terms of trying to bury bad thoughts, looking back i can see that i have done the same sort of thing. The problem was that the thoughts were a bit like a mole. No matter who far I 'buried' them, they still clambered to the surface! :(

All the best

Matt

Deafen
07-11-09, 12:32
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :)

mandyclare
07-11-09, 12:40
Hi Deafen... its great you've found us.. welcome to NMP.

Mand : )

chantelle
07-11-09, 12:48
Hi Deafen...welcome to the 'madhouse'!!!! Seriously, this site is great and you will recover...what dosen't kill us makes us stronger.

Best of luck for your recovery
Chantelle

diane07
07-11-09, 13:58
A huge warm :welcome: to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

best wishes

di xx

cunny1980
07-11-09, 14:10
Hi Deafen I'm pretty new too and think this website is fantastic. Just wanted to say a huge welcome to you :welcome: