PDA

View Full Version : Feeling dizzy : (

Girl_Interrupted
07-11-09, 12:34
Hi, I'm worried about dizzy spells, last night I was going for a pee (sorry tmi) and turned round to get the toilet roll, all of a sudden I got really dizzy. I was going to bed and went to lie down. It lasted for about 10-15 mins, just felt really spaced out. I eventually went to sleep. This morning my shoulders and neck feel really tense. Do you think that maybe that's what caused it or just random dizziness? Or has anyone else experienced these dizzy spells.

Thanks

gypsywomen
07-11-09, 13:03
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:yes most of us do on here its affects of anxiety and meds ,,combined not nice ..if you feel it gets worse could be an ear infection so check with doter stay calm xxx

cunny1980
07-11-09, 16:08
Hi I went through a stage of lightheadness/dizziness and it turned out i had low blood pressure i find a sugar fix made me feel better :)

mark1980
07-11-09, 16:20
I've been incredibly dizzy recently, I think it's down to having fluid behind my ear, labyrinthitis. Have you had a cold or anything recently as it could be something related to that? I know that quick movements and dizziness can be related to the ears. It's also a symptom of anxiety. Hope you feel better soon

Deltadog
07-11-09, 18:02
I too suffer from dizzyness and the spaced out feeling. The spaced out feeling and the feeling of not really being in the real world is associated with depression, some say its the brain trying to cut out external forces that may add to depression/anxiety. The dizzyness can be a number of things. For me the dizziness was initially BVVP, a common type of vertigo associated with lose calcium cystals within the ear. This dizziness is fairly severe as your sight really rocks from left to right and you often fall over.
I then I got a more general dizziness which im sure was to do with anxiety. This dizziness is less severe in terms of visual movement but can last longer and cause concern. It really is down to anxiety, there can be many causes but they all mainly relate to the same problem.
1. My anxiety and nervous tension makes me grind and clentch my jaw in my sleep. This puts enormous strain on the jaw joint which is very close to the ear. My ears would ring sometimes, block up and feel full, feel like there is water in them and more importantly cause dizzyness.
2. A stiff neck can also cause dizziness. It is extremely common for your neck and shoulders to cause you stiffness and pain as tend to not relax properly. You may want to look up cervical vertigo, if nothing else just to rule it out. When I am feeling low or anxious my posture really takes a hit. I slouch, I hold my head up with my hand because I dont feel I have the strength to keep my head up, and I pull my shoulders up to my head.
3. Simply standing up to fast can cause short dizziness.
4. Low/high blood pressure can cause dizzyness but I dont think its as common with anxiety related issues. A trip to your doc would sort this out.
5. Likewise anemia could cause dizziness and a trip to the doc would also confirm that either way.
6. Medication. If you are on any medication make sure you are aware of the side effects.
Im no doctor and i suggest you get checked out by one if you havent already, but hopefully some of my experiences sound familiar. If you think it may be down to anxiety then it most probably is, in which case it will come and go and its worth you saying to yourself that "it is merely a symptom, it will go away"

june
08-11-09, 15:44
the almost conststant dizziness terrifies me:weep: i can go a couple of hours and then BANG it is back again:weep: all i am doing is sitting on the sofa reading morning paper and i get the sensation that the sofa has collapsed beneath me:ohmy: Or calmly knitting for new great-grandchild (due couple of months) should be feeling so happy......
If i go upstairs to the bathroom it takes ages to get the courage to walk back down the stairs - the fear that i will fall is terrifying.:weep:
Everyone says "oh it is just stress, you know you had this before"
BUT my memory of having this sensation before is that it was NEVER this awful!!!!!!
Feel so sad, so weepy.
June
:hugs: