PDA

View Full Version : sugar intake

jude uk
07-11-09, 13:08
I read recently that sugar can give...Depression, Anxiety, panic attacks etc or at least contribute to it. I would presume sweets and fizzy drinks would also come under this as well. The 5 yr study was done in New Zealand working with those who have mental health issues and those who dont. Their findings were that a reduced sugar intake caused symptoms to lessen in those who had mental health issues and for those who dont there was increased amxiety in many of them.

We can see what sugar/sweets does to children.

I am going to reduce my sugar in take over the next 3 months to see if there is any affect

Does anyone here not take sugar

sb001f8994
07-11-09, 13:17
Hi,
I think there could be some truth in this as I gave up chocolate and biscuits in January. I do however indugle now and again in a bit of fudge but my anxiety has definately declined and my panic attacks are now few and far between. This could of course be just coincidence and I didnt stop eating these goodies for this reason, I just wanted to be healthier! It would be interesting to see the outcome of your reducing sugar in your diet, keep me posted.
Good luck and take care.
Carol

outlaw
07-11-09, 15:43
Reducing sugar and/or salt is hard because so much is used in processed food these days, I like you have and ongoing project to reduce both sugar and salt but was surprised to find that sugar comes in so many forms such as high fructose corn syrup and other names that disguise the sugar. Almost all processed food contains huge amounts of sugar and salt.