PDA

View Full Version : One for the Ladies Hormone Inbalance???

cunny1980
07-11-09, 13:53
Hi all I really need some advice/help. I have just had an abnormal smear and have to have a Colposcopy due to Mild Dyskaryosis. I am absloutley terrified. I hate hospitals and hate doctors messing with me. I have had problems for the last couple of months such as sore boobs, pains under my arms, keep wanting to cry which is so not like me. All this seems to have come out of no where. I used to be so upbeat & happy and its like I'm a different person all of a sudden. The doctor tells me its anxiety and stress but I'm abit confused. The most stressful thing that has happened to me was my Dad dying suddenly nearly 4 years ago which was obviously really tough but I got through it and was no where near as bad as I feel now. I have been wondering if this could be a hormone imbalance and wondered if anyone has any experience of this??? I also feel a bit uncomfortable down below similar to cystitus and have been weeing alot (sorry too much information) but wouldnt say I have been in pain. I'm seeing the nurse on Wed for stop smoking clinic (have fell off the waggon) and will obviously mention this to her but any help would be soooo appreciated.

cunny1980
08-11-09, 14:10
Anybody??????:)

annabanana
08-11-09, 17:54
Never been there myself but before I started taking the pill, I would get sore boobs and teary before my period. Have you noticed a pattern at all? It could also be delayed reaction to your Dad dying...sometimes bad times have a habit of sneaking back up on us (I'd know about this one!) and if we're not prepared (and why would we be?!), it's like being hit by a metaphorical truck.

Definitely speak to Nurse or see your GP for reassurance about this one but i'm sure you're fine. x

:bighug1:

nikkinik
10-11-09, 13:22
Hi,

I once mentioned a H.I to my GP, he tested the thyroid hormones.. I was thinking of progesterone, estrogen testing, so Ive no idea how the 2 relate?? Id tried researching but I cant concentrate and understanding things is nr impossible over the last few yrs!

I always used to get pms about 5 days before, this would be bloating and sore boobs mainly, then 3 days before Id get nausea. But now I can get symptoms up to 2 weeks before. I get the nausea about 7-10 before which gets progressively worse, twice Ive actually been sick.. I get flu like symptoms and am v achy too. I now get heaches and dizziness or 'jolts' every now and then. The anxiety seems totally out of my control too, like a doom feeling all the time. I also wake up in hot sweats and wake up shaking sometimes.. I prob could do on!
All this fades as my period goes on.. then i get about 1 good week (if Im lucky) before it all starts again.

Pm if you can? Let me know how you get on please?

Thank you :)

cunny1980
11-11-09, 22:29
Hi been back to the docs today she tested my urine - all clear but didnt seem concerned about my "downstairs" problems. However I had bloodtests last week and my B12 is down so got to have more tests this week. Have googled B12 deficency and it can cause tingling and burning down below. Am very annoyed that my doctor didnt bother to mention this but do feel better now i know. She put my early pms down to anxiety and has now put me on anti depressants which im not sure if im going to take or not. Will post on here once i know anymore. :shrug:

momof3boys
19-11-09, 16:52
I would like to hear back from any of you who get answers on this hormonal thing, I go thru the same things, about 2 weeks before my period I start getting anxious, my whole body hurts severely, bloated feeling that makes me feel sick and not want to eat, breathless, dizziness, racing heart, I could go on and on...then I get my period and about the 2nd or 3rd day it is better but still there in some ways, then at the end of it it comes back and I get horrible fatigue for a few days, then I end up with one good week out of the month....I could use some help figuring this out if anyone else knows anything, it drives me crazy! It all started after I had my third child last December and then had tubes tied in February. But also I had a problem in early March, hadn't gotten my period yet from delivery of child in December and started bleeding tremendously and went to hospital and they found a piece of placenta still inside. Not sure if that could mess me up, although they told me it wouldn't...I would love to hear back from someone who might experience the same period problems!

Angelai
23-11-09, 22:05
Pretty similar stuff for me, too. I finished my period 5 days ago and already have sore boobs, feel sick, exhausted, headache, anxious, period type pains... My good phase between periods has got progressively shorter, now down to maybe almost a week?

My doctor tells me I'm extremely sensitive to hormones, after trying the pill, myrena coil and implant (pill for 18 years no prob, then all of a sudden migraines! Had the coil for 18 months and implant for nearly 2 years, not as though I didn't give them all a fair trial :wacko:).

So, I now must decide between the lesser of various evils - pms or artificial hormones...

I don't know if being sensitive to hormones is causing my anxiety, or if being anxious is making me sensitive to hormones :wacko:. I just know I've had enough of this and really feel for anyone else going through it.

:hugs: