PDA

View Full Version : hello

weedee
07-11-09, 14:17
Hi everyone,
Just posting a quick introduction. Found this site awhile back, and have been reading and appreciating the help. Decided it was time to join. :)
I had my first panic attack at 11 years of age, but they weren't too frequent until the last few years. I'm 39 now.
In therapy, which helps, but still struggling. I've got massive health phobias, anxiety, some agoraphobia and panic.
Lately been having MANY PVC's or ectopics....had a monitor on and they show (if I understand correctly) up to 360 per hour...so it's constantly on my mind and that feeds my anxiety, as you probably all know :winks:

It's just such a relief to find people with the same problems.
So thanks for being here.
I look forward to getting to know people.
Heidi

nomorepanic
07-11-09, 14:21
Hi weedee

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Maj
07-11-09, 14:49
Hi,

You'll get lots of support on this site. There's lots of people who are going through the same as you and this can make you feel better. I had a spell of ectopics for which I was even told to cancel my holiday. After all the tests I was told they were harmless. I now hardly ever have them, I think because I'm no longer afraid of them. Also, if you carry on with what you were doing and don't let them stop you then they'll go away. Please try not to be afraid of them:hugs:
Myra x

weedee
07-11-09, 15:32
Thanks all :)
I do try not to be afraid of them...you know it's difficult! I feel like I am afraid of everything.
I do look forward to getting into the chatroom....as I have just joined, I have to wait the 5 days before I have clearance. But I will be there.

Myra: did you have them (the ectopics) for a long period of time? It's been a couple of months here, and I am curious as to how long it can last. Or should last. Or....well, you know. So far, many posts I have read sound like I could have written them, so I suspect I don't need to go into great detail about what I am wondering :winks:
I feel like I need to know when they'll go away. So I can put up with them for just that long. Wouldn't that be nice??

cunny1980
07-11-09, 16:10
Hi Heidi A massive welcome I find this site really helpful and I hope you will too.:welcome:

Maj
07-11-09, 16:15
I had them over a few months. They started only now and again and before I know it they were happening for hours on end and during the night. I know they are frightening at the start - you keep waiting for your heart to stop!! Be reassured because there are many people on here who have them and we are all still alive and kickin!! Try to accept that they are part of anxiety, nothing to be afraid of, and will calm down when you relax a bit about them. Even if they happen now and again you won't be so scared.
Myra:hugs: