PDA

View Full Version : Reaction to swine flu vaccine

Lissy43
07-11-09, 15:08
I had my swine flu vaccine on Thursday, my arm has been killing me very since, really heavy which they said would happen. Then since last night, everytime I stand up I have a heavy pain in my head, it goes once im up and about, its just on standing. The nurse said I may have a headache aswell, so do you think it is just linked to the vaccination?

mandyclare
07-11-09, 15:10
Hi.. yeah sounds like it may have hit a nerve or something... hopefully will subside over next few days. Least now you will be protected against the swine flu itself : )

Lissy43
07-11-09, 15:36
My arm hurts so bad, lol! Like it has a brick in it.

Thanks.

Maj
07-11-09, 16:03
I was told this was one of the side affects of the vaccine. I was also told that any side affect will probably disappear in 72 hours, so hopefully you'll feel better soon.
Myra x

Lissy43
07-11-09, 20:44
Thanks Myra.

My arm throbs so bad, its been over 48hrs now.

Bubblegumpixie
07-11-09, 22:51
Hi there
I haven't had the swine flu jab yet but had my regular flu jab in September. My arm was like it wasn't mine for a good few days after (I had it on a Friday and by Monday the heavy feeling was going). But it wasn't until a week later one of my children poked my arm and it still really hurt where I had the jab done!! I had no bruising so I think it may have been nerve pain or muscular. I too had a yucky heady feeling for a few days too - but I always do after the flu jab.
Hope it feels better soon sweets. X

Lissy43
07-11-09, 22:56
Thanks, it really hurts, my arm feel so stiff.

Welsh.Baz
25-11-09, 14:04
72 hours normally, but the sore arm could last upto a week.

Shiloh
25-11-09, 14:13
My nursie told me to take paracetemol for the arm ache after my Pig jab. I got a flu like reaction also but it was mild and only lasted 24 hours. Got through it with the help of beer :yesyes::D:D