PDA

View Full Version : Tension headache?

peter34uk
07-11-09, 17:59
Hi,

Was shopping today when I had a headache at the back of my head and felt dizzy. Several hours later, Still kinda dizzy and back/top of head still very tight.

Is this tension headache?

gypsywomen
07-11-09, 18:05
could be tightness is associated with tension,were you rushing around ,that can cause it ,i shouldn't worry if it gets very bad just give nhs a call there very good .but dont thik you will need to ,,this may sound silly but get a bowel of hot soapy water and put your feet in for half an hour this relieve tension dont worry my friend we all get them and the dizzy feeling too

Deltadog
07-11-09, 18:15
Yes I would agree that this is a tension headache. The muscles at the back of the neck when compressed (say if you were loking up or hold your shoulders too high) affect the scalp at the top of your head. This sometimes but not always continues to the front of the head and behind the eyes. This also can make you feel dizzy. What you can do is massage gently your scalp or get someone to do it for you. If it feels nice and like its freeing up some tension then you can be fairly sure that is it! You may guess that I suffer from thistype of headache!

peter34uk
07-11-09, 18:19
well i dont feel tense but i have had a stressfull few days i guess. Its just a strong pressing tension on the back of my head. Dizziness not so bad now but the strong tight feeling is there

gypsywomen
07-11-09, 18:20
ont worry it will go off when you have had a good nights sleep

peter34uk
08-11-09, 09:10
ah thanks. Its the morning after and i still have it, though not as nad and ill kust hope it settles in a day or so. :hugs: