PDA

View Full Version : Neurologist

shaz01
07-11-09, 23:08
Hi everyone, I have been on before about my weird heads, well my appointment came through for the neurologist in 4 weeks time, however it doesnt mention a scan, the gp said i would get a scan but im wondering if you dont get it on your first appointment, anyone know??

Thanks,

Shaz x x

Gazman
07-11-09, 23:15
you would usually have an assessment by a neurologist first i imagine, just explain your feelings etc and i'm sure you'll get your scan.

shaz01
08-11-09, 10:33
thanks gazman, I was just hoping i wouldnt have to wait longer for it :-( I have another question if anyone knows the answer, a week ago I started getting like a shivery feeling up my leg, naturally paranoid its connected to the weird heads im getting however for the last few nights I have been waking up during the night and get like a chilled shivery feeling that can go down my legs, Im getting totally paranoid, anyone else have this?

Shaz x

Gazman
08-11-09, 12:47
I have had similar in my right leg, starts off in my hip and it shivers, almost like a goosebump type feeling down one leg, i've had it since i was little tho so i know thats nothin to worry about.

den68
08-11-09, 15:40
i had consultation with neurologist and then mri scan it only took 2 weeks for scan appointment but had to wait 3 weeks for results. My gp had thought i had tumour but i was fine just anxiety

shaz01
08-11-09, 19:32
thanks for replying.....Gazman, thats made me feel better about my legs and Den thats not to bad if I wont have to wait months for the scan, thanks x

shaz01
13-11-09, 18:55
Hi folks, soz back again, still three weeks till my appt, yesterday however I had an opticians appointment, it went fine however I got myself so stressed out worrying about it and today my head feels mega bad, have the shivery feelings all over my head and up my legs etc (although this had calmed down last week) could it be the stress of worrying about the opticians?? x

Panic33
13-11-09, 19:01
Hi folks, soz back again, still three weeks till my appt, yesterday however I had an opticians appointment, it went fine however I got myself so stressed out worrying about it and today my head feels mega bad, have the shivery feelings all over my head and up my legs etc (although this had calmed down last week) could it be the stress of worrying about the opticians?? x

Sound like anxiety to me - when I first started with anxiety, I got my bloods done, went dentist and had my eyes checked trying to rule everything out to stop me worrying, but I got my self worked up that something was wrong and of course all the dreadful anxiety symptoms followed. Needless to say, all results were fine.

shaz01
17-11-09, 19:08
Hi folks, just been having a stupid thought all day...........when i was coughing and this weird head started the doctor thought it was muscular....now im wondering if there could be a blood clot somewhere in my head?? it had all calmed down a little but this week its soooo annoying//tongiht i feel it right inthe top of my head, yea tight and a little crawly.....ears ringing.....fed up with this. still two and half weeks till my hosp appt x

springblossom
17-11-09, 19:12
can i ask how long it took for your referral to come through?

my gp referred me almost a month ago but i still have no letter/date, nothing.

shaz01
17-11-09, 19:30
I think it was about three week after seeing the gp then the appt was for a month later x

shaz01
18-11-09, 20:03
Am I being silly or could I have had a bleed when I was coughing which is causing the problem????............anyone advise??

Shaz x