PDA

View Full Version : Hello all!

malisobel76
08-11-09, 00:01
I am a newbie, referred to this site by my counsellor, who I started seeing about 8 months ago after quitting smoking...my anxieties became mammoth issues after dropping the cigarettes!! I have always dealt with anxiety in one form or another...mostly social anxiety, horrible low self esteem issues, and now health anxiety. I feel quite helpless about it most days because I feel as if it surrounds and dominates every part of my life. I feel mired down in it...and I suppose I am just hoping that this site might provide some help where other things have not.

After I quit smoking things just got out of control...I started having health issues which I am sure were only exacerbated by the extreme anxiety. I have developed enormous cancer fears, of course, and worry about that all of the time. It certainly only makes me feel even more socially anxious, I just really feel that I can never relax! Good to know that I am not alone, though I really do wish none of us had to go through things such a this!:blush:

nomorepanic
08-11-09, 00:02
Hi malisobel76

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Maj
08-11-09, 10:23
Hello Malisobel,

Yes, you will get lots of support from people on here who have the same thoughts and feelings as you have. You're confidence will grow again given time and support. Well done for stopping smoking, that is a great achievement and great for your health's sake. You are on the right road!
Myra:hugs:

plodder
08-11-09, 10:35
Hi Malisoble.
Please remem ber your Health is mor important thatn your Cigarette Dont worry about Cancer I have emphysema and if i didnt stop smoking i wouldnt be writing to you now so please Stop Smoking you are worth it believe me .
Take care Bryan xxxxxx

malisobel76
08-11-09, 17:25
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and encouraging words! I really hope to get through all of this, or to at least be able to deal with it better, and to not have it be so disruptive to my life. :smile: