PDA

View Full Version : 8 Steps to Reduce your panic, I did it and felt good!

Ahmed
08-11-09, 06:14
These are steps that i used and it really worked with me. It helped me reduce my panic attacks and my own stress caused of fear. I do it twice a day, when i wake up and when i come back from work or before i sleep.

Follow these steps:

1. Be in a very quiet calm room and be on a very relaxing position, either laying down or sitting.

2. Close your eyes, think of the place where you want to be. Imagine that you are at the place where you would feel happy and relaxed.

3. Calm your self more and relax. While your eyes are closed, make sure they are at 45 degrees up so you can feel you would sleep.

4. Count from 1 - 10 then start taking deep breath, inhale and exhale, make sure you use your stomach not your chest(if you know what i mean).

5. Start imagining your body parts from toe to head. Visualise them in your head till you reach the part where it hurts you the most while having a panic attack. For e.g. i have a heart problem when i panic. my heart palpitates.

6. While you reach the part where it hurts you, Massage it with your mind and take all the black spots (stress, bad thoughts etc,) and replace them with positive thoughts.

7. While you are done till you reach your head, take long breath again as mentioned in step 4.

8. Before opening your eyes, make sure you are positive and no black spots are left. Then open your eyes slowly and tell me the difference.

P.S: Let this go for atleast 20 minutes.

I tried it and seriously i felt way better!

onceagain
08-11-09, 07:48
Thanks Ahmed

I will try this tonight it is very similar to what my therapist said but not about nursing the part where it hurts. Will let you know, thank you... I'm happy that you have found something that gives refuge x

sarah jayne
08-11-09, 08:32
I'll definately give this a try x

lozboz
08-11-09, 11:20
im gonna give it a try and i'll tell you how i get on, thank u ahmed xx

clairescavys
10-11-09, 21:06
Hi Ahmed - thanks for posting that. Will try that tonight.