PDA

View Full Version : Getting Fed Up With Citalopram SE's

pheetuz
08-11-09, 11:38
Ive been taking citalopram for about seven weeks now, was on 10mg's for the first two weeks and then i had my dosage increased to 20mg and have been on 20mgs for the past 5weeks, the side effects when i first started were almost unbearable, major panic attacks and just feeling afraid to go to places, stepping up to 20mgs was quite bad aswell but no where near as bad as when i first started.

Seven weeks in and im still getting the feelings that nothings quite real, my short term memory is terrible and feeling really quite depressed. I have been having up and down days, but when im feeling down im feeling really down. I thought by this point that the side effects would have stopped and i would be able to start getting back on with things, really starting to wonder if citaloprams the one for me, dont want to have to go through getting onto another med again tho.

Has anyone else experienced side effects for this long??? The whole nothing feeling real thing is really starting to get me down.

/Pete

onceagain
08-11-09, 11:59
Hi Pete

I understand how you are feeling, I've been on 20mg since 06/10/09 and increased to 40mg on 19/10/09, had to ride two periods of heightened emotions, my memory is awful as you say, I am calmer as far as depression but the anxiety is awful still, I have become scared to go out alone when dark, I am a shell of my former self, but was anyway probably worse before my complete breakdown.

I have been told it can take between 6-8 weeks for it to take its full effect, you aren't far off now so stick with it. The first time that I felt things weren't real was yesterday but I had forced myself to go somewhere difficult, what a day it was awful, mornings are terrible for me but have to be absolutely honest, they never really go away just lessen slightly.

Keep going for a little longer and the very best, please let us know how it goes we are all as nervous and down bout things as you x:hugs:

den68
08-11-09, 15:47
i have found i just feel ill on 20mg and so have chopped the end off and taking 15mg i find that dose is great for me. 20mg is just too much in my case and makes me scared on edge and sick