PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attacks Menapuse question

janyzocean
08-11-09, 12:06
I was reading in a book the other day that the flucuating levels of estrogen/estradoil cause seretonin to be depletted. Thus causes panic attacks and depression.
My blood for my hormones keep going from one end to the other and my panic and depression is much worse.
I was wondering if anyone had read any articles on this.
Thanks Jan

den68
08-11-09, 15:44
im sure thats whats going on with me. The middle of the month and period times were awful. I had the mini pill that made me worse but i have found the citcloprm has helped no end. My doc said if it is hormones and its knocked my serotin levels antidepressants work well, I wouldnt take them for 18 months but now i have things are so much better. No more panic attaks depression mood swings so much better. If your not taking any i would mention it to docs

janyzocean
12-11-09, 18:11
Thanks for the info. I have been on 40 mg Prozac for a long time. They just upped it up to 80 mg a little over a week ago.
Jan

Maj
12-11-09, 18:15
Hi,

There's a very good site called Menopause Matters which also has a forum where you can ask all problems menopause.
Myra:)

mumsie
15-11-09, 09:47
Hi everyone
I am post menopausal and I feel sure that hormones are playing a big part in my anxiety/panic/phobias, particularly as I have been having really bad hotflushes very frequently since it started about 9 months ago. I am not on any medication, which was my choice, but I was wondering if anyone knows whether once your hormones get themselves sorted out the anxiety etc goes away as well?

suzy-sue
16-11-09, 13:32
Mine didnt unfortunately ..I left it too long and by the time I started on HRT my serotonin levels were so low I still needed antidepressants .The low dose of estradiol I am taking got rid of the hot flushes and night sweats tho .I tried everything herbal before HRT,and nothing was very good ...We are all different and it depends how bad you are to start with ,but i thought id tell you about my experience ..All the best Sue x

rossi
17-11-09, 11:42
thats what happend to me left it to long before going on hrt