PDA

View Full Version : Hi, just registered today.

Starscream
08-11-09, 18:15
I'm 24 from the U.K and I've just noticed this forum today.

I am getting hypnotherapy at the end of the month to hopefully sort my problems out but thought I'd ask if people on here have had the same issues as me.

Sine December, something, somewhere, triggered in my mind that I had a major illness when I had extremely bad itching on my legs which turned into a rash that has had to be treated by Lotriderm cream every month or so. Happened when I wore shinpads at football.

I then developed the same problem on my groin and when I looked on the web it said it was all the worst diseases you could imagine. I remember looking online and going to bed at 5pm and it was a Saturday and I didn't eat or speak to anyone at all that week and phoned in ill at work.

No matter what my doctor says to me and no matter how much I'm told to calm down I can't seem to get it out my head I am dying and it's only a matter of time before I am told I have a severe illness.

It has been a very tough time since December and yet I still have a caring girlfriend and very good mates but my family are very hard to speak to about this because they think I am a nutcase.

Very recently I have noticed TINY bruising on my arms and leg, the size of a freckle , and again googled this and said it could be Leukemia and again I ran away for a few days before coming home and trying to calm down again.

And I have started coming out in some severe rashes because I am very very itchy around my hands and my neck and when I scratch and scratch myself it makes it a lot worse than it was and I start, once more, to run out the house and go in the car and consider doing something stupid.

I have been biting my gums a lot recently and they're very sore now and somehow my tongue is showing red spots or lumps and when I google that it says Oral Cancer or even worse and I consider doing the silly things again like not coming back home and going away in the car down south.

It's not fair on my g/f or my friends to keep seeing me in such a state and I am dragging them all down with me.

I cannot stop looking online to "reassure" myself because I make myself so so much worse.

The big problem since the summer has been a breathing issue too. I am struggling to breathe, especially after food, or at night, and I was given an inhaler and I seem to use it all in a week because I am so frightened at the thought of not being able to get any air at night.

I really hope the therapy works.

Has anyone here had this problem ?

Thanks for listening.
s

diane07
08-11-09, 18:17
Hi Starscream

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

bottleblond
08-11-09, 18:21
Hi there

Welcome to NMP.

Health anxiety is a very common problem and can come just out of the blue.

Have a wee read at the HA section of the forum and i am sure you will get lots of usefull inforamtion there.

Nice to meet you

Lisa
x

getingwats
10-11-09, 11:43
Hello Guys!!!
I am Geting and I have just joining this community.I am very glad to be here and have all other members.I hope that we will have healthy discussion and latest information sharing regarding to related topics.I hope for a nice time in future.

Southern_Belle
11-11-09, 20:45
Hi Starscream,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you feel and you will get their support.

Take care,

Laura

andrea thompson
11-11-09, 21:38
hi hon,
i am very anxious about my health... its awful... and it really can make you miserable.... i have found comfort from the stories on here about people and what they are going through... you can really relate to them and it makes you feel more normal.... i got counselling years ago and that really helped this was arranged through my dr.... i am still anxious but i hae learned to cope with my feelings better now... when i feel anxious i log on here and it always re assures me that i am normal and my feelings are just caused by a build up of anxiety!!!!!! take care..... x x

Maj
11-11-09, 23:14
Hello,

Health anxiety seems never-ending, doesn't it! You go from one symptom to another and another and so on. Lots of people on here have had or are going through the same as you and you'll get lots of support. Through time you'll see light at the end of the tunnell.:yesyes:
Take care
Myra