PDA

View Full Version : Overwhelming tiredness

hunny
08-11-09, 21:37
Hi
Is anyone suffering from overwheming exhaustion?
I am so fed up with it , I'm getting really upset :(

I cannot go anywhere or do anything. If I do try to go out I stagger to one side and must look drunk or on drugs , I cannot see or hear properly and feel like my legs won't carry me

I wanted my GP to do bloods but she seems to think I am just anxious and should "take control of my life"

I thought it initially was because I did a reasonable amount of exercise and maybe did too much too quickly but all of a sudden I just couldnt do it at all anymore after getting more and more tired over the space of a few weeks...
I am so scared and upset
H x

Gazman
08-11-09, 23:29
Anxiety really is exhausting, after suffering really badly with anxiety the last 3 or 4 days i am shattered today, didn't get up till 12 and was falling asleep again by 3pm.

If you're all over the place, then you obviously need a day or 2 of rest and relaxation, try and get your anx under control and chill for abit.

But don't worry ur not alone, i'm tired alot of the time.

Veronica H
09-11-09, 08:22
Hi Honey
Try not to fixate too much on the exhaustion as it should lessen as your nerves recover. I'm afraid it goes along with the anxiety. :bighug1:Sorry you are suffering like this though. What help are you getting for the anxiety?

Veronica

nikkinik
10-11-09, 13:13
Hi,

I was going to start a thread on this and just spotted yours.

For most of the last 3 weeks or so Ive been shattered. I thought I was shattered on Sunday because I was still recovering from a big panic Id had on the Friday, so I was happy to find it had lifted somewhat yesterday..
Except its back today :( I feel like I could easily fall asleep and have felt this way since about 10/11am this morning - the same as Sunday.

I went out on Sunday despite feeling so tired and it obv bought on a panic, I get dizzy like you, swaying etc, like a drunk feeling.. so as I was walking I was panicing, I also seem to feel the cold a lot too, so I was out in the cold, not feeling 100% and I just wanted to run home!

I try to rest but that doesnt help either tbh, vitamins dont seem to help either, Im sleeping about 7 hours a night in general, sometimes a bit broken, but still, this time should be ok.. not so little to make me feel this tired anyway.

Ive no idea what I can do to help tbh, but I can completely agree on how upsetting it is :(

Gazman
10-11-09, 13:23
I think your forgetting something tho...

If your anxious most days you will have a tired mind, which makes you have a tired body.

Maybe thats not how it is for you guys but looking back rationally i can see why i am exhausted, the constant worry, irrational thoughts, mind is always on the go thinking about negative things etc and no wonder i feel exhausted all the time :(

Laura292
10-11-09, 21:25
I know how u feel. Think I suffer depression anxiety and panic attacks and I'm so tired. I can't stay awake past like 10 and that's a struggle. No matter how long I sleep for, I'm tired. The thing I like to do is have a really nice bath and even though your tired, try odo stuff. If your anxious then doing things will keep your mind active. Iv made some cakes or cookies an that works quite well.
Hope this helps.
Laura

Maj
10-11-09, 21:30
I think anxiety mentally and physically wears you out and that's why you feel so tired. I think that's why we call it nervous exhaustion. You really need to take care of yourself when you feel like this - eat well, sleep when you like, treat yourself to something nice now and again and look after you. It'll take time but you will feel better again.
Myra:hugs:

Danny_dingle
10-11-09, 22:34
Hey,

try to remember that this time of year with the cold weather pretty much everyone is knackered! I know everyone I work with is really really sleepy at the minute.

Also some colds that don't show the 'usual' symptoms can affect you by making you feel low and sleepy, it is because your body is fighting it off.

I agree with a load of the people on here; give yourself a few days rest and stop pressuring yourself so much! Relax and just do whatever it is your body is telling you it needs, and stop trying to do what you think you ought to.

Take care matey,

Danny

hunny
11-11-09, 20:44
Thanks guys
It helps to have your support :hugs:

H x

kirgray
12-11-09, 15:42
Hi hunny :)
I am suffering with this one alot at the moment the stumbling around and feel like im drunk and being pulled to one side its scary when it happens and I feel like I really have to focus to stop from stumbling everywhere?? i get it bad when out and about and at work. Im waiting for a referral for CBT hope this will help? how u feeling now? :hugs:

eternally optimistic
12-11-09, 19:13
Hi

I can totally relate to nervous exhaustion.

It took me ages, until I'd been put on medication for anxiety, that I became aware that my knackered feeling body was not normal. I'd had that for absolutely ages.
It wasn't until I'd been on tablets for about 6 months that I realised by body "had come back". I wasnt always ill, something which happened nearly every week. I constantly walked around as if I had the flu.

I hope you can find something that gives you chance to recover.

Good luck and take care.

Angelicnorth
14-11-09, 23:33
Hi Hunny

How bad is the exhaustion . . can you cook a meal, shower, brush your teeth, walk upstairs etc? I am asking because I was diagnosed with anxiety (health anxiety), panic attacks and depression and I couldn't do any of the above mentioned tasks without help or if on my own, very slowly and having to stop and rest, frequently.

Thanks
Helen x

hunny
15-11-09, 22:42
Hi Helen

It varies a bit , sometimes I do not have the energy to brush my teeth even and am hanging on to the sink and sometimes I am able to play with my little one and be relatively ok. Having said that I braved it outdoors for a bit of a walk with dh and my kids today and felt truly awful afterwards , very lightheaded and spaced out :(
Sorry you are suffering too x