PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Amybsp
09-11-09, 00:21
Um.. Hello!

I'm Amy and i'm 23. I've been taking citalopram for my anxiety for just over three weeks now. I did take it for a number of months about 3 years ago and it seemed to help and i didn't really get any side effects, this time however my anxiety almost immediately got a lot worse, and I have experienced quite a few side effects, although sometimes it can be hard to tell if they are caused by the medication or the anxiety itself. Before i started the medication my anxiety was more about social situations and being out of the house alone, but now it is a lot more health focused. My boyfriend is incredibly supportive, and i'm very lucky to have him, but it's sometimes hard for him to understand what's happening to me (it's sometimes hard for me to understand whats happening to me!). I'm so happy to have found this place, reading about other people and how they cope with their anxiety makes me feel a lot less hopeless and alone.

Hmm, i didn't mean to type so much!

diane07
09-11-09, 00:22
Hi Amybsp

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

mandyclare
09-11-09, 00:40
Hiya Amy... lets hope the meds settle down and start working for you again.. so glad you have a supportive boyfriend.. definately half the battle..

Welcome to the site

Mand x

Veronica H
09-11-09, 08:11
:welcome:Amy. The same thing happened to me after a break from Citalopram, but it did settle down after a few weeks and has been effective in keeping me out of depression. Glad that you have found us.

Veronica