PDA

View Full Version : Breast Trouble (ladies only please)

meg86
09-11-09, 10:40
Hello :)

The last few weeks i have developed a breast cancer obsession, im 23 and just cant leave them alone!

I have had breast pain for the past few weeks, in both but definately more in the left than the right.

It freaked me out and i have been feeling for lumps every other day and not found anything.

I just finished my period and my boobs was very very paniful yesterday, i poked and i prodded pretty much the entire day and i think i felt a little something deep in my left boob that felt like a tiny lump (but im not sure)

A breast website told me the best way to check your breasts is to use soap or shower gel and sort of massage in circluar motions when i did this (i did for about 10 minutes) i felt nothing at all.

When i prod hard enough without using soap or shower gel i really think i can feel something teeny, i just dont know!!

When you find a lump do you definately know and how can you tell the difference between hormonal lumps and actual breast lumps?

Any advice would be great :) xx

Amybsp
09-11-09, 11:17
I have also been worrying about my breasts. For about a week before my period they're very tender, which i know is normal but i can't help myself thinking its cancer. I worry that when i check for lumps that i'm not doing it right and i might miss something.

Also, i noticed that i have a small blue mark (like someones prodded me with a highlighter pen) on the underside of my left breast. I mentioned it to the (male) doctor, who had a quick prod around, he seemed unsure but not worried, and said i should get a proper examination from my female doctor when i see her in a month. I'm scared that if it is something serious then that'll be too late! sigh.

I'm sorry I have no advice for you! :blush:

MissBoo
09-11-09, 12:12
Just to make you feel better. I have the same obsession. I think about it everyday. I have bruised myself to the point of checking. And now I hurt from so much poking and prodding I don't know what I caused and what I didn't.:hugs:

Ruby94
09-11-09, 12:20
Its just your mind, i get pains all the time its probably stress relating to your hormones what is making your breasts hurt. Nothing to worry about. If you had breast cancer you'd definatly know about it hun x

meg86
09-11-09, 14:31

Its so difficult isnt it! we all know that sometimes we get lumpy boobs and we can feel our tissue, but no one tells us whats normal and what isnt.

Its a mine field, there are so many posts about this subject on this forum.

My logical side is thinking yea i doubt its anything as if there was anything there it would be very obvious and breast pain is common and yes anxiety and stress can worsen it.

But then there is a niggling at the back of my head that thinks but what if there is something there and if i do nothing... what if, what if, what if! :weep: xx

MissBoo
09-11-09, 16:35
I do this all the time, "What if, what if this one is the one". But then that really is part of our HA.

stressgirl
09-11-09, 21:33
Hi Ladies,
Please stop worrying.
I own a lingerie shop and I strongly believe in breast health and looking after our lady lumps.
Wearing the wrong size bra can create breast pain, shoulder, back and neck pain and headaches!
Get measured by a professional - I have an online bra size calculator you can use at www.givemebliss.co.uk - if you want to email me personnaly with any questions, do so through here or the link on my website.
60% of women suffer from cyclic mastalgia - that is breast pain related to the period, I suffer also, and what with suffering from panic and health anxiety, I know it can be frightening.

If you would like more information on checking for lumps, please go to www.breastcancercare.org.uk

The neurolymphatic system circles each breast, and naturally flows to the lymph nodes under the arm.
Begin in the center of your chest, and massage around the top of the breasts to the outside, toward and into the underarm.
Then do the same for the underside of the breasts, beginning at the center of the chest, around the underneath of the breast to the underarm.
The best prevention is massaging each breast daily, either at night when you remove your bra, or in the shower.
At first, your breasts may be sore. Start gently, increasing the pressure as the soreness dissipates.
As the toxins are released, you might experience some detox symptoms... mild to medium tiredness, sinus congestion, headaches, some cramping, etc.
Treat yourself well, drink plenty of water, get plenty of rest, and keep massaging.

And if you would like to help support ladies with breast cancer - I run a bra recycling campaign, which allows me to collect old unwanted bras and recycle them, I then donate all the monies to breast cancer charities. Again, more info on my website.

Hope you feel better soon, I feel a bit better now too - Was a bit anxious just now.
and if you are not sure - see your doc until you feel you get an acceptable explanation or diagnosis.
Take Care
xx

meg86
10-11-09, 12:03
Thanks for the lovely post :) I am feeling alot better about it today, had another proper feel last night and couldnt feel a thing, i find that when im anxious the pain gets worse i had a nice relaxing evening last night and no pain and none so far today.

I hate anxiety i know i dont have breast cancer, just my mind playing tricks. xx

stressgirl
10-11-09, 13:04
Glad that you are now feeling better Meg
X

charlotte83
10-11-09, 13:18
I think that its normal to get lumpy tenderness, especially before your period. I'm not entirely sure on this but I think its more normal if the lumpy bits seem able to move around but if they seem solidly attached to something then its not normal. The best thing to do is get anything checked out if you are really concerned, but try not to become obsessive. If you check them once a month as advised then that is enough!