PDA

View Full Version : imagining symptoms??

nineteen
09-11-09, 16:45
i know ive posted about this before, but im sooo paranoid. i woke up the other night with a numb arm and weird sensation in my back. i was probably laying funny and thats what ive told myself. but its lasted 4days now and i have a constant tingling in my arm and feel like theres a slight pressure or somthing on my upper middle back, cant explain it. i know that there are times its not there, mostly when im 100% distracted, but i still worry about it. was at docs 2day n e didnt seem bothered n said citalopram can cause it and put me on a lower dose. i felt better for a while till i went for a lie down as im sooo tired with having no sleep at all, and the tingling just wouldnt stop :( is it possible ive just got paranoid and am believing i have this ? ive heard of phantom pregnancy, so iknw our brains work crazily if u really believe somthing is happening to you.

Maj
09-11-09, 16:56
It could have been that you were lying in bed awkwardly, or it could be symptoms of anxiety. Try to take the reassurance from your doctor and try not to let it worry you too much. The feeling will pass in time.
Myra:)

helpmepleas99
09-11-09, 22:13
I don't think you're imagining symptoms, but in all likelihood, you may be magnifying some of those symptoms.

Gaza
09-11-09, 23:13
I believe you are magnifying the symptoms, as this is what I do all the time to myself, especially about things feeling numb or tingling. I took citalopram for over a year and had those problems before and after taking the meds, and I don't use any medication now and still get tingling and numbness. I find the more I focus away from the sensations the less they bother me, you need something that really grabs your attention and keeps you focused 'outwardly' and not 'inwardly' as Dr Claire Weekes used to say.

We become consumed with ourselves that every thought and bodily sensations is monitored and obsessed over, to the point we get no real rest or recuperation. Get yourself a set of headphones and a good quality relaxation cd and chill out, you sort have to let your body tingle, twitch, have the strange sensation and say I am not listening this is my time to rest and get your subconscious to back off.

Things are brought into the fore ground because we have concentrated focus and attention on every part of our being and we are naturally concerned with our welfare and health and we switch on the survival instinct mode that supposed to keep us safe, the problem is we forget to switch it off again. So take a well deserved break from your self and let go of all that stress.....relax!

God Bless GAZA

Slothette
09-11-09, 23:25
Hi hun

I get this exact same tingling and sense of pressure on my back in the same place as you. I've had it on and off for years and I get it when I'm anxious and stressed or when I'm really tired. Try to forget about it and pay it no attention and it will soon pass. It's nothing to worry about :)

Lex