PDA

View Full Version : Memory problems and derealization i think

thehockeyplayer
09-11-09, 19:31
Hello,

So ever since I started having crazy anxiety, I one day awoke with the feeling that something was off. I felt really spaced out like something just wasnt right with my perception. I feel real, just weird. It is hard for me to focus, concentrate and when I watch tv or am on the computer its really hard to focus. Im starting University in January and am now getting nervous because it is hard for me to remember things. Like during movies ill forget names and Ill just drill myself over it. I always test myself to see if im remembering things. Its getting very annoying as I used to have great memory. My anxiety is less, but this annoying weird feeling persists. I have had blood tests done and everything was fine. What ifs kill me too. What if it wasnt anxiety and it is something else. Same story different person I suppose. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced memory issues?

Gazman
09-11-09, 22:50
Alot of people tend to have memory problems when suffering with anxiety.

Could it possibly be because you are worried about things all the time and maybe so self absorbed with your worries that are making it difficult for you to concentrate and take things in / remember them?

Well thats how it is for me atleast, can't remember what someone has just told me because i'm too busy worrying over my own concerns lol.

thehockeyplayer
09-11-09, 23:24
yea well when I was normal I just did stuff without really thinking about it now Im always thinking about everything I am doing. It will get better with time.

MOJO
10-11-09, 09:44
Hi! We are so busy thinking about ourselves and how we feel that we don't have room in our minds for much else. When I am talking, watching tv or anything half of me is still thinking about how I feel! I just can't help it. I watch tv programmes and realize I've missed a bit even though I've been staring at the tv!! It really scares me as I panic there's something wrong with me like having a blackout or something.
I forget peoples names and even ordinary words all the time. You're not alone!! xx

thehockeyplayer
10-11-09, 21:41
I'm always worried. It has really changed my life. It's sometimes hard to believe that this is happening to me. And yEs everything I do it's always in my thoughts. What is wrong with me etc. I'm so scared that these feelings will never leave. Or maybe I have some neurological disorder. Ughhh so frustrating. :(

Alicat
10-11-09, 22:31
Hi there,

So much of this sounds familiar to me too. It's like you can't just 'accept' anything and question everything and nothing seems real or makes sense. It does go away when you're not anxious.