PDA

View Full Version : Anticapatory Panic/Anx

miss_moo
10-11-09, 01:23
Hiya all, I haven't been on for a while. I am still plodding along scared to go anywhere alone, even walking from the front door to the car makes me feel dizzy at the moment. As hard as i am trying i just can't seen to snap out of it. In my mind i think 'yes i can do it' and when it comes down to it i just can't. My hubs is still doing everything, work, shopping etc.
Even the doctors which i was quite comfortable with has now turned into another thing for me to be terrified of.

One of my main problems is, for example if i know im going out, say to my mums. I am taken there and brought back by my hubs and dad, two people i feel safe with. I can get ready ok but when im waiting even for a minuite before i leave, i start to feel aprehensive and then the Anxiety starts, i tell myself it's ok but i just can't get it out of my head. I literally have to force myself out, running out of the door, just a few steps into the car where i start to calm down. It is like this everytime i go anywhere whether is a planned outting or an off the cuff 'lets go for a drive'
Does anybody else have this anticapatory anxiety?? It seems after making good progress i have slipped right back to the beginning and that the panic knows this and has just found another way of tightening it's grip.:unsure:

saresare
10-11-09, 02:23
hi miss moo :D

I jus wanna say try not to put urself dwn about the fact you wa duin so wel n slipped back to the beginin... be kind to yourself :)

We will have our good days n we wil av our bad days..

I reali do think it is ur way ov thinkin that makes these axiety attacks cum on..e.g by thinkin im goin out now i usually av an attack thn bang one cums along.. :/

I get reali bad anxiety & i av realised that it usually is down to the way and how i think about certain things.. its our minds playin tricks on us.

If before i go out i think bout my anxiety it makes my anxiety cum on and wat i try to do is the best thing i always try and do wen i feel an attack is to distract myself.

:D think positive :D