PDA

View Full Version : Feeling guilty.

Granny Primark
10-11-09, 13:34
Just wondering how many of us feel guilty of suffering with an illness that cant be seen.
Im so ashamed that I cant do the things I once did. And yet theres no physical reason why I cant.
Today I had a phone call from a dear friend telling me shed got leukeimia.
I feel so upset.

mandyclare
10-11-09, 13:38
Oh Lynn.. im so so sorry about your friend. The only thing I can say is that Leukemia is highly treatable for many people these days. All you can do is be there for her.

As for feeling guilty we don't ask for this condition... it's not something we can control... its a condition like any others.

I will be thinking of your friend

Love Mand
xxx

Bluebelle
10-11-09, 14:25
Hi Lynn
I think it is part of our condition to feel guilty about our current state. I look around at my life and I am overwhelmed with guilt. I feel guilty that I am anxiety-ridden and a burden on society-I feel guilty that I am depressed yet my life is great compared to people who are suffering with war , death and horrors. I feel guilty that I take an appointment with my GP when someone who is really "ill" could be using this appointment.

My GP explained to me that I am really "ill" . This is a serious medical condition and it is the same as a person with a broken leg-you cannot look at a broken bone and say "just get over it". She also said this is a very real and devastating condition we are battling against and it is generally a symptom to feel guilty

You are a beautiful and caring soul and I can see how loving and generous of spirit you are by your posts- your friend is truly lucky to have someone like you. You and she are in my thoughts and I am wishing you both lots of hugs

XXXXXXX

pinkrose
10-11-09, 16:30
Hi Lynn

Firstly, sorry to hear about your friend's bad news. It must have been a shock for you. Hopefully she will get some good treatment to help her recover.

I have always felt guilty that I suffer with anxiety and depression. It just makes me feel like a complete failure. I know it shouldn't, but it does. I think it's because it's an illness you can't see, and people who don't suffer from it don't really understand -you get the 'pull yourself together' attitude. x

onceagain
10-11-09, 16:35
Hi there

Don't feel guilty you cannot help your condition as none of us can,we can only work to overcome it.

Thinking of you :hugs: