PDA

View Full Version : Hi Y'all!

Jingle
10-11-09, 14:44
Hey, just saying a BIG hello to everyone here. I registered a couple of weeks ago but am only now typing my first post. I have problems with anxiety, have done for many years. It seems to be getting worse. I went to the doctors two years ago who wanted to put me on antidepressants, but I opted to try counceling instead which helped for a little while. So, leaving it untreated isn't doing me any favours, I'm just worried about the side effects. My husband was on them for a few years and he was always tired and I must say, they didn't seem to make too much difference. He did have mood swings on them.
I mainly have problems socially, I constantly worry about what people think of me and if I have upset anyone. I am afraid to speak out. I haven't laughed hard for, well, I can't remember the last time, 7 years maybe. I can't let anyone get to really know me, I seem to have my defences up all of the time. I long for a good friend - I do have a couple of good friends but I find it hard to even relax in their company. Even my husband must think I am boring because all I do is moan.
I used to be bubbly, I feel I have lost my spark, I have lost myself.

Anyway, on an UP note, I am glad to have found this place, I look forward to chatting with you all and I'm sure I can find support here and hopefully offer some to others too.

Thanks for reading,
Jingle xxx :bighug1:

diane07
10-11-09, 14:45
Hi Jingle

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

JohnLuke300
10-11-09, 15:01
Hi Jingle,

Welcome to NMP :welcome:, I suffer from social anxiety as well and can identify with what you said in your post. The problems you stated are all common social anxiety problems. I've been on Seroxat for over a year now but have seen little effect on my anxiety. I am improving but I put it down to CBT more than the medication.

Take care,

John :hugs:

Jingle
10-11-09, 20:43
Hi Jingle,

Welcome to NMP :welcome:, I suffer from social anxiety as well and can identify with what you said in your post. The problems you stated are all common social anxiety problems. I've been on Seroxat for over a year now but have seen little effect on my anxiety. I am improving but I put it down to CBT more than the medication.

Take care,

John :hugs:

Hi John, thank u so much for your reply... what is CBT?? :doh: I would consider meds if I knew they would work and wouldn't have drastic side effects.

Thanks to all your replies. xxx :hugs:

ok... here comes some more... I hate answering the phone, I dwell on the past alot and things that have upset me in the past, I go over previous confrontations alot, until I realise what I am doing. It's all about that damn voice in your head huh.
I've so lost my place, can't keep on top of housework or anything.

Can u tell I have stuff to air?? haha

Again, hugs to u all :D

Southern_Belle
11-11-09, 20:41
Hi Jingle,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you feel and you will get their support.

Take care,

Laura