PDA

View Full Version : Help..no fight left in me

carter
10-11-09, 17:35
i advice anyone im struggling..

i hate this anxiety thing at the min.... a week ago i couldnt even leave the house ...but every day is like a struggle...the world feels like a war zone when its clearly not....

to do anything like go to the shops anything social...i get so worked up....to the point im a wreck..however i do it all the same...

im tired ....i feel like ive got no fight left in me

my only saving grace is the pills kick in so... i dont have full blown attack these days...

help

Hell's
10-11-09, 17:46
Hello there!!

I am hopefully going to offer you the support you need! Anxiety is the bane of my life, and at times has made me feel like life is not worth living. I refuse to take medication, and just have therapy, and it has helped. I am well aware that you are feeling very low at the moment, but please do not give up. If going to the shops or mixing with others is too much at the moment, have some time out from doing it, you will not be avoiding the issue, but giving yourself the time you need to recover from you anxieties. Finding why you are anxious may also be of great help as once this has been identifed you can take steps to deal with it. This forum has also proven very helpful, even though the support is over the computer, is is still there. I wish you luck, and remember that you are not the only one suffering. I wish you well.

Helen

Panic33
10-11-09, 17:47
Have you been prescribed ADs? how long have you been taking? Things will get better but it does take time.

onceagain
10-11-09, 18:40
Hi Carter

Really sad that you are feeling so low, because I've been there but am getting better slowly, I am doing a lot more than I used to but I am going at my pace, I tried to run before I could walk and it did more harm than good.

I still cannot go into busy places, like busy shops etc but I do go into shops and even go out for a drink but in quieter country pubs where I don't feel overwhelmed.

Also returning to work part time which I'm grateful for. It can get better but you need to get all the help you can. I knew I was having problems a long time ago and asked for help unfortunately the system took so long that I was at breakdown mode before getting it.

But after losing my relationship etc and my health now that I am getting the help I am using it to my full advantage.

Please be strong, be positive you will still have tough days but you will get there.

Really big hug sent you can do it, small steps hey small steps x

:hugs:

sarah jayne
10-11-09, 18:53
Hi, i know how you feel. I was once like you, for nearly 6 months i struggled to leave the house because i was scared of having a panic attack. I had my first panic attack in asda and i avoided going there for nearly a year ! Luckilly i have a lovely husband who really helped. Have you got anyone ? Theres plently of people who have gone through what you are going through on here who'll be happy to help and give you advice. You sound like a fighter, its good that even though' you get really worked up ' you still manage to do it. Good for you ! If you ever need a chat then pm me.
sarah x

weedee
11-11-09, 01:51
I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. There are times I feel like that, too, as I am sure we all do, just can't keep it up anymore.
But we do, and somehow the "acute" phase seems to pass. Don't always know what sparked it, or what makes it go away, but there comes strength from somewhere you didn't know you had.
It's tough, like any chronic condition. It's not fair, it's hard and it feels like forever.
But take one day at a time. One minute at a time when you have to.
We're here for you.

carter
11-11-09, 11:19
Thanks for all of your support guys..

yesterday and the day before were real bad days ....im sick of it all to be fair..

ive been on a/d for the past 23 days...now the way i feel now i dont know if i feel worse or better..before i took the tablets i didnt have a problem with anxiety... only obviosly during the attcaks..now the attacks are easing up/not being that harsh...my anxiety seem to be at an all time high..

i have not had disabling panic attacks for 8 years so im so so gutted...

I have a good really job, a really supportive partner two beautiful kids...i and cant even identify a trigger...which is even worse.

im doing all the right things since the atttacks im not drinking, no caffine..stopped my intake of too much sweets...taking extra vitamins

i went to the doctors hes put me on ads and ive even asked for counselling to cope with the attacks. However theres a two month waiting list..so i called my hr who have a confidential helpline and they have agreed to pay for it for me to aid my recovery....i start this on friday...

even with the anxiety issue i still get out there even if it kills me...yesterday was really bad so after i wrote the last note i just went late night shopping to prove it couldnt beat me.....but i get so so down..because its so much hard work.....i was thinking of going back to work in the next week or so as my attacks had eased off but i just cant see it..cause of this anxiety issue...i may/would make myself make it to my desk.... but think apart from that i would pretty much be a shaking wreck at the minute...

Im taking every day as it comes buts its hard to come to terms with it all a month ago i was out and about doing things without a care in the world...now i feel like a prisoner trapped in my own body...

sorry to be in a dull mood x

Louise2009
11-11-09, 12:39
Hi Carter,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel like this........I know the feeling exactly, and feel like a prisoner in my own body too. Not sure what to say as I feel just as down at the moment, but just try to hang on in there and I am sure eventually things will get better, you have not been on the AD's for long.

:flowers:

nineteen
11-11-09, 13:24
well done for still going out and doing those things. i havent left my house in nearly two weeks, off work on the sick, and avent bin to college in a month. u should be proud of yourself, all u need to work on is ur thinking, and thinking about it all in a positive light now. easier said than done, but its a slow process and looks like your on ur way up