PDA

View Full Version : New here, very scared :(

DysfunctionalRocket
10-11-09, 18:48
Hello there! My name's Nina, I'm eighteen and for the last few weeks I have browsed this website and it has been making me feel a lot more confident in myself, knowing there are people who feel the same sensations as me and that I am not alone in my anxiety. I have been suffering from it for the last few months and it has been a discomforting and tumultuous time.
Mid September, however, I had began to feel an odd pressure at the side of my head, along with noticing a hard small lump on the roof of my mouth. I vaguely remembered scannin over something like it before and assumed it was nothing major so I ignored it. But I keep having sinus like pressures, even though neither of my nasal passages are really blocked, like a pressure on the bridge of my nose and/or side of my face, and I feel a straining feeling when I move my right eye upwards or to the side too hard, as though there is a weird pulling feeling behind it. Sometimes my lips have tingled when I have done so, and at first I thought it was a normal anxiety symptom, but now I'm not so sure. I'm so scared this could be nasal/mouth cancer, even though both dentists that have looked into my mouth didn't think it was problematic, glancing over it and not making much of a deal over it. I have only taken one cigarette in my life, I drink occasionally and I generally speaking have an okay diet. Is what I'm experiencing normal for anxiety sufferers, or should it be looks into? I know the lump isn't going to apply to all, but I mean the pressure and the eye problems.

bottleblond
10-11-09, 19:10
Hi there

yes i would have it looked into. Not because i think there is something seriously wrong with you but because it's something that is worrying you and a visit to your GP would put your mind at ease.

In my personal opinion, i would say you may have some type of sinus infection but i am not a doctor hun so don't take my word for it. The last time i had a sinus infection, the side of my nose was swollen and sore to touch. I also had slight preasure above my left eye. I didn't have any type of blocked nose or any other sign of infection. which is why i think your problem is similar.

Please don't sit worrying about it. If you are worried then your gp will put your mind at ease.

I hope you feel better soon

Lisa
xxx

DysfunctionalRocket
10-11-09, 19:30
Thank you Lisa for your reply! I thought it was a sinus infection for a while, but recently I took some pills that are meant to relieve sinus pain and they didn't really do anything, so that is why my fear has heightened. They might have not been that great a medication, however I might talk to my GP about it but I had already spoken with my doctor regarding my anxiety, so maybe I should give it some time? I feel awful about it due to my fear - it's a tolerable discomfort but no thanks to Google searches I have landed results such as sinus cancer. :/
Thank you for the input, though, it's always sort of therapeutic to share your inner stresses with others sometimes, haha. XD

bottleblond
10-11-09, 19:37
I also got Sinutab for mine and it didn't work.

DysfunctionalRocket
17-11-09, 16:57
Just yesterday I felt the roof of my mouth go completely numb at night, and today the feeling has continued - I will admit that I have been persistently touching the bump and that the roof of the mouth is home to many nerves, by good God I am so so scared. :(

gypsywomen
17-11-09, 17:06
i wouldnt sit worrying what it might be best to see the docter again ,,just to make sure hun

DysfunctionalRocket
17-11-09, 17:24
I might just do that and although it's hard not to be absolutely terrified, I am so hoping that things will pull through. I'm just so horribly scared, though, constantly fixated on the worse ... I need to get into a proper, stronger mindset. :/

DysfunctionalRocket
21-12-09, 20:00
Hello again! So far I have not had any growth with the lump, for it appears to be remaining the same size (and has seemed to be for a while), so I've been feeling more confident about my condition, haha. It's fair to say that my anxiety levels have been relatively flunctuating, but overall I am trying to bring myself into a more assertive mindset. It's always reassuring to visit here and read the posts of others who've been experiencing similar anxiety symptoms, knowing that there are people in the same position as you and that you're not alone. :)