PDA

View Full Version : dentists agraphobia

lc2613
10-11-09, 22:06
need some advice quickly please chipped a bit of my filling away the nerve must be open as i am getting shooting pains from eating drinking sometimes cold air need a dentist but how if you are agraphobic to you go to the dentist if you can just about make the docs on a good day i am in pain was going to put in a temporary filling what has anyone done if a situation like this has arisen. any advice please it is increasing my anxiety ten fold xx

diane07
10-11-09, 22:11
I went through the same thing, and basically just resigned to the fact that i had to go, it actually wasn't that bad and i took my safe person with me to help me through the agora. its more the thought of it all and going that makes it so much worse.

The thought is always worse than the deed.

di xx

nomorepanic
10-11-09, 22:14
I am afraid that you will probably have to go to the dentist and it may not be all that bad.

Take someone with you.

This could be a big challenge for you but you do need to get it done or it will just get worse.

sb001f8994
10-11-09, 22:50
Hi,
Some dentists do do home visits, you should enquire at your local dentists or phone your gp for advice.
Best wishes and take care,
Carol x

lc2613
19-11-09, 23:44
finally plucked up the courage and went to the dentist spoke to a care trust it can take up to 3 months for someone to come out to you but they contacted my nearest dentist and they arranged an appointment and arranged for me to go straight in so i didn,t have to sit and wait they couldn,t have been more understanding. i have to go back and have some work done but it is just another hurdle i will have to face i think the pain i am in is enough to get me there now lol xx

CrazyC
02-02-10, 15:52
I NEED to go to the dentist. At first the thought was scary but i didnt feel to bad but the more i have thought about it the more worked up i am because i cant stand the dentist even getting in the chair is a mission!!

Its not just the pain that scares me its silly things such as the rubber gloves in my mouth make me wanna gag (suffer fear of sick too) so then i will get worked up. Im just so scared its making me go mental, i feel mental..everyone is sick of me moaning about the pain and "not doing naything about it" NOBODY understands me which then leads to tears and depression.