PDA

View Full Version : anyone help?

sonny
11-11-09, 00:03
hi ppl :) im just poppin on to see if anyone can give me advice. the problem is ive just recently started feeling this panic feeling again just after i thought everything was gettin better and i have just booked up on going holiday thinking everything was going to be ok but i cant stop thinking something bad is going to happen and no doubt will . I will be traveling alone due to one of my friends pulling out but i will be meeting friends on the other side but i keep getting this image of me freaking out in front of everyone and making a right arse of myself. i was thinkin and buyin some valium from the streets and filling myself with some for going there but i will need some for coming back so will have to kinda smuggle some with me for the journey back. its my only way of thinking anyone help??

Anxious_gal
11-11-09, 01:11
ok DO NOT buy street drugs! I know for sure that some are cut with rat poison, glass and various other things! also dont buy drugs off the internet!
your life is too important to risk it!!!!
talk to your doctor! if he's no help try a different doctor. I agree you may need something to take the edge off.
have a plan, have things that you know will keep you calm like books, music , video games.
do you know one person you can tell about your anxiety?
I've mastered the art of lying to cover my anxiety ( I do get quite embarrassed about it) like if you need to go back to the hotel say you have a migraine that way I'm sure one of your friends will a company you back.
but it may be better to explain that you get panic attacks maybe tell the one who is most up to date about mental heath n who is more aware n compassionate.
it's good to have support n know if you get scared someones there to reasure you

sonny
11-11-09, 01:36
yes ive heard the thing the thing about street valium and stuff but i dont really think about that really, just aslong as it gets me through, you know? i was taking street valium for about a year and a half before i got put on escitalpram it did make me feel really ill but it was taking away this shit.
so do you think if i said to a doctor that i have a fear of travelling he might give me some valium or something? i have heard of it before. the thing is its not really a holiday as such, going to a rave over in holland so its only for the nite then straight back but if im gettin pure panicky i`ll just keep drinkin and gettin myself in a state and getting myself into trouble abroad

cheers for the reply ;)

hana
12-11-09, 14:17
Hi Sonny,
I totally agree with Mishel, dont buy Valium off the streets. You don't know what's in it and it could make the situation alot worse.
I have real trouble flying so often take Valium before i fly. Have a frank conversation with your doctor and explain that you feel having some kind of sedative would help. Also when i fly anywhere on my own i tell the senior cabin person that i suffer from Panic attacks and tell them im concerned about flying. It may sound silly but letting someone know the situation will probably help you relax, they can keep an eye on you and help you if you start feeling worse.
I always take my ipod with an audio book or music on which is good for distraction, it makes all the diffrence if you can focus on something else rather than worrying about whats going to or not going to happen.

I totally understand how you feel as i've been there many times. :) Have a chat with your doctor though, i think thats very important.

Hope it goes well,

Hana x

gypsywomen
12-11-09, 14:33
if you go to the docters he will give you just enough tablets to calm you

sonny
12-11-09, 21:41
cheers ppl ;)

KK77
13-11-09, 15:59
Valium did nothing for my anxiety ... just made me feel dosey...