PDA

View Full Version : Ringing In Ears... Anxiety?

Ella_Jayne
11-11-09, 01:22
I've been suffering from HA/Panic attacks for the past 3 months and lately I've been experiencing ringing sounds in my ears, usually just in one at a time. It only lasts a few seconds/Minutes but it's annoying me know and I'm at the stage of thinking that maybe there's something wrong. I've been very anxious lately and wonder if this could have anything to do with it. Has anyone had this before? Could it be anxiety related? Thanks. :)

ash1807
11-11-09, 06:25
hi ella, yes, a common symptom of anxiety
Some meds also can cause this
It is just an annoyance, thats all

Emira7
11-11-09, 11:11
Hi Ella

You could also need to have your ears syringed. I went to the docs as I had ringing in my ears and it was due to a build up of wax. The practice nurse can generally look at this for you. Worth checking out

Emira

Ella_Jayne
11-11-09, 20:48
Thanks for the replies! :)

ValleyGirl
11-11-09, 20:51
Yes I get it too. Only lasts a few seconds and only in one ear. Very annoying!!

moggy
11-11-09, 21:26
Hi .. I had my first panic attack a couple of month ago and it left me with a high pitch whistling in my left ear .... I wouldnt worry too much about it , I had mine checked out by 2 ent docs and they think it was stress induced....apparently it is quite common

moggy

jnuz
09-04-10, 06:45
Same here, but recently i also get this low hum/vibration in both ears and it really scares me. Dr told me it might be tinnitus...

crazyhayz
09-04-10, 10:19
i get ringing in my ears, mainly my left, but i get hearing loss aswell, that comes and goes, ent appt in June, had ct scan for constant dizziness and all fine, was just anxiety, but when i chew food or yawn sometimes my ears pop and crackle. ive had my ears looked at and they cant see anything wrong with my ear drum, but why are they ringing and hearing loss and general feeling of fullness in ears that pop and crackle all the time??? I dont get how that can just be anxiety. Thankfully since ive been recovering from HA i hardly ever get it now, but still do sometimes. Im not worried but just need an explanation? Very strange!! lol!! x

Hannah175
16-08-12, 16:52
I suffer with anxiety and have been feeling particularly anxious lately. I have had a constant ringing in my ears. I have been to see a doctor and said nothing seems to be wrong with my ears. I am wondering if this is an anxiety symptom? The symptom, as expected, is maknig me feel more anxious as I start to think that something is terribly wrong with me and that it will never go away. I just need some reassurance that this is a symptom of anxiety, and how to get rid of it. I have also been taking a lot of Ibuprofen for headaches - could this be a cause??

MJL1986
19-02-15, 14:27
Hi here's my story, ime 29, a 15 year HA sufferer I've thought I've had everything from cancer to meningitis heart attacks, you name it ive had it... But this last thing has really gripped me as it's quite silly. Anyway I've had mild tinnitus for as long as I can remember it's never bothered me at all, anyway after 14 years on sertraline I have recently come off them and this has just triggered off a severe HA with panic attacks in there aswel and it's all because of my tinnitus, Ime terrified of it and think ime going to go mad and under the impression it's getting louder. I have more or less perfect hearing by the way. Has anyone ever had the same thing or similar, just seeking reasurance a guess.

Angelika
19-02-15, 21:04
MJ. Yes. It creates this hot thought doesn't it, which is actually probably more of a problem than the ringing. Nasty.