PDA

View Full Version : I'm new too ;o)

Fearflower
26-01-04, 22:56
Hi there

My name is Fearflower and i'm a 23 year old female living in the UK.

I've had depression/anxiety and panic for about 2 1/2 years and more recently OCD.
I've tried a couple of meds including Venlafaxine which worked well for me but caused troublesome tiredness so from 225mg weaned myself off them and tried Fluoxentine. They made me super duper hyper and after about 4 months came off them and was drug free for 3 months up until today. Doc has given me some Zispin to try. I've never heard of them, I'm a bit weary.

Not sure what else to write [:I] but look forward to meeting you around the board soon.

Thanks for listening

Love Fearflower
xx ;)

benoo5
26-01-04, 23:10
hi fearflower,

welcome to NMP,its a great site,friendly people,and lots of good advice,and support.

have a good look,at the home page,and read as many posts on the forum,as you can..you will find soo many people suffering,the same way you are.

overcoming anxiety,depression,panic...is not a matter of taking a pill,and getting better..its more to do,with changing the thought processes..this can be achieved in different ways..research has shown,that the correct medication,combined with CBT,is the best route to take...keep posting..best wishes..bryan.

mico
28-01-04, 19:59
Hi Fearflower

I think Bryan is right about the CBT and such, it would be good for you to look around the site and find out what you can.

Other from that everybody here is very friendly and helpful so keep posting.

mico

Samantha
29-01-04, 10:01
Hi Fearflower welcome to the site, like Bryan said everyone is really supportive on here and will help in anyway possible, i hope you find this website useful
Sam