PDA

View Full Version : Could this still be the alcohol?

tiffuk
11-11-09, 13:01
I went to A partythe other night and promised myself i wouldn't drink because i'm on these tabs and evryone says to aviod it.
Well I didn't really live up to that promise! in fact i got so wasted I was throwing up the next day.
This was on sat night. I am still feeling really lightheaded and just not right. kindia like i felt form the side effects when i started these tablets, my anxiety is really bad again because of the way I am feeling.
do you think it could still be because of the drink from the other night??? Or something else???

chickpea
11-11-09, 13:33
It sounds like the alcohol has undone the work of the meds, and also caused you some anxiety.

I haven't had a single drink since starting on Citalopram, but I've read plenty of posts that say it can cause you anxiety and take away the effectiveness of the pills.

plodder
11-11-09, 13:33
Hi tiffuk Its no good feeling sorry for yourself No means no with any Alchahol You were not clever Drinking witht Tablets Tiffuk if you are old enough to drink alchahol You are old enough to say NO You are the one who is Wrong now you are paying for your broken promise .
Bryan

nineteen
11-11-09, 13:35
yea im sure ule be fine n a bit, drink plenty water & eat healthy food

tiffuk
11-11-09, 13:37
I really know that now, and i know i was so wrong to drink. we all make mistakes tho :) I am only human. And believe me I will not be making the same mistake again.
will the tablets start to work again soon???

KK77
11-11-09, 14:05
I really know that now, and i know i was so wrong to drink. we all make mistakes tho :) I am only human. And believe me I will not be making the same mistake again.
will the tablets start to work again soon???

Of course they'll start working again. You'll be OK in a few days... It's normal to go out and get carried away and have too many. But now you know what it's like and hopefully won't repeat it! TC

Panic33
11-11-09, 17:43
the fact your worrying about it is prob bring your anxiety on more. Try not to worry and I'm sure you will start to feel the positives from your ADs.

Pill-Popper
12-11-09, 06:59
Yes it is the alcohol.

Dont worry, i've been in this situation before, i didn't listen to my doctor and drank whilst on the meds, my anxiety came back, just like yours has, but now i am back to normal, feeling good again after not drinking a drop for almost 3 months.

But it will be fine, just continue taking your meds like normal, as long as you make a deal with yourself, to really steer clear of alcohol then you will get back on track. But you really have to stay away from the alcohol! It reverses any progress you make on these meds!

CD1985
12-11-09, 21:42
tiffuk, I go out and get drunk a lot on the weekends. I try not to but it allways happens and i get bad anxiety for a few days after. You should be fine in a few days

waterfall
13-11-09, 19:35
hi guys
i am going on a blind date in about an hour or so and to put it bluntly i am bricking it!!
was hoping to take 2/3 beers to settle myself [cos i have been so nervous about it], but now i am not sure??? i am not a big drinker and know my limits - but maybe its not such a good idea???? please help!!!!!