PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram and taking vitamins?? safe??

nineteen
11-11-09, 13:04
i havent been eating properly, and was wondering if i can take vitamin supplements along with my meds, and what would be the best ones to take?? im soo tired, not eating or sleeping and feel so run down

chickpea
11-11-09, 13:31
I'm on 20mg, and also take vitamin B complex, Omega 3, magnesium and calcium, and Inositol, plus some probiotic capsules (for IBS).

As I understand it, you can't take valerian or 5-HTP while on SRRI's, but vitamins should be absolutely fine.:)

nineteen
11-11-09, 13:33

chickpea
11-11-09, 16:49

It's a sort of B vitamin, which is naturally found in fluid in the spinal cord (I think) - apparently, in people suffering from depression/anxiety, it is reduced.
It's meant to be really effective for anxiety.:yesyes: (have a look on the natural remedies forum).

waterfall
13-11-09, 19:28
hi just on that note chickpea, how do i go about getting insotol [or whatever it's called!!!]
thanks
bad day today:weep:

worriedhubby
13-11-09, 21:13
Hi all
im a newbie and a worried husband my wife has been prescribed 20mg to help her with the stress of running a house with 5 children and me latley the mood swings and aggression have been to say the least scary does any 1 think that it will ease if she starts to take these and will the established side effects kick in straight away and amplify the underlying problems and make her even more aggresive and irritable

NoPoet
14-11-09, 01:00
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=64229

Danath
14-11-09, 01:48
I spoke to a pharmacist earlier who checked his drug interactions book and said citalopram and valerian together werent a problem.

manx_kitty
24-11-09, 18:27
I am on Citalopram too and i take vitamin C, i have had no problems.............touch wood hehe

NoPoet
25-11-09, 11:32
According to antidepressant-online.com, valerian interacts with citalopram. I have read this on a number of websites. Supposedly, taking the two together can increase feelings of depression in those who are depressed.

My recommendation would be to avoid valerian while taking cit. If you must try it, take HALF the normal dose.