PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm a newby :)

Katiee
11-11-09, 13:56
Hi
My name is Katie.
And next Thursday I will be 19 years old.
I have been being treated for anxiety since about february, but on friday, went to a private therapist, and was given new medication, and he said he could get me 100% recover rate :):)

at the moment, im starting the new pills, this is my second proper day on them, and im pretty sleep, and in almost a drunk state, pretty spaced out :)

I have been diagnosed with GAD & initimitant panic atttacks,

And its completely changed my life, i am constantly in a panic like state, Always having panic attacks.
I hardly go out, when I do we sometimes have to leave. I have completely lost my social life and I have been looking for a site to join cos I am so desperate to meet people that know exactly how i feel.
Because I dont know anyone else in my situation so i feel completely alone.

Anyone wanna talk, pleaseeee do :):)

:blush:
xx

diane07
11-11-09, 13:59
Hi Katiee

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

hopers
11-11-09, 15:14
hya welcome to nmp, i hope you find all the help you need here maybe see you in chat one day

huggels hopers

Lilica-Demetier
11-11-09, 17:02
Hello katie. I'm 18 and suffer from social anxiety and panic attacks but feel generally anxious all the time, even just doing normal things around the house so I know how you feel, you are not alone :) It's good you've found this website. If you want to chat to me, that's cool. I've also just started new medication..so just waiting I suppose, like yourself for it to help.

Veronica H
11-11-09, 17:33
:welcome:to NMP. Glad that You have found us.

Veronica

mandyclare
11-11-09, 17:35
Hello Katie.... im glad you are getting some help but yes it's definately so so important to chat with others who understand what you are going through..

I'm sure there are lots of young people here to chat to but if you would like to pm me (im 42, mum of 3) feel free to do anytime at all.

This site is great Katie.. im sure it will help you.

Love Mand x

lynn1960
11-11-09, 18:39
hi i also suffer with gad and had my meds changed on 22 october and they are just styarting to kick in now so please bear with them i know its hard but they will help do you know what meds you are on take care

Southern_Belle
11-11-09, 20:19
Hi Katiee,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you feel and you will get their support.

Take care,

Laura

samii
11-11-09, 21:42
hi im Sam, im 22 and feel the same,
we should chat sometime :D

xx