PDA

View Full Version : blue lips and terrified

missy76
11-11-09, 16:18
i currently suffer from severe health anxiety....again......and was wondering if anyone has blue lips. ive been to the doctor and he said he thought it was due to me biting my lips all the time so i stopped it and theyre still blue....im too scared right now to go back to the doctor and its really getting me down. ive been crying since 2am and cant stop.

HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP :weep::weep::weep:

mandyclare
11-11-09, 16:36
Well the dr is possibly right but i'd go back and say you are still concerned just to be on the safe side..... some people dont have as good circulation as others.... mine is terrible lol...so this could be the cause. Don't worry about it but go back to get another opinion just to be on the safe side.

Mand x

gypsywomen
11-11-09, 17:14
missy have you taken any codine latley as they can cause this ,,but you are doing the right thing going back to docter , are you eating ,,do you feel cold

chickpea
11-11-09, 18:12
My son got blue lips when he was 1.
I took himto the doctor, who had no idea what it was and sent him tovthe paediatric assessment unit at the hospital.
They examined him, gave him an ECG - all fine. They couldn't find anything wrong at all.

A few days later, he came down with gastroenteritis and ended up in the same hospital, on a drip because he became dehydrated.

The blue lips MIGHT have had something to do with this, but in any case it wasn't anything serious.:)

Alisonj
12-11-09, 07:01
My husband gets this sometimes, the doctor told us for some people it is normal to have a bluish short of tinge every once in awhile. I would trust your doctor that it is nothing serious. If you feel worse or cant get calm them maybe get looked at and have a pulse Ox taken so you can see that you are getting sufficient oxygen.

outlaw
12-11-09, 08:33
how is your oxygen levels this is a very minor test that is done by putting a clip on your finger, if your levels are OK then you have nothing to worry about.

amu
12-11-09, 12:25
I have this, my lips look kind of purple rather than red almost all the time. It's very noticeable in the photos. I haven't freaked out about this yet, maybe it's time? :D

meg86
13-11-09, 10:01
I havnt experienced this but i know your not the only one.

I am currently having CBT and one of the ladies says that she suffers from blue lips and its usually when she is panicking and feels like she cant get enough oxygen.

I dont know what caused it but she has had herself checked out medically and shes perfectly healthy. xx