PDA

View Full Version : Ooop's wind

Desprate Dan
12-11-09, 07:16
Hi Everyone,

This is another embarrasing problem, is it normal that when you find yourself in an uncomftable situation that you get a lot of wind...:blush:

I am currently on a 3 day first aid course with 12 people i have never met before and my stomach is constantly churning and i am getting a lot of wind, i try and hold it in but i keep having to nip out the room, i say i am going to the toilet, just to pass the wind...

I do apparantly suffer with IBS could this be to do with it?

Thanks

Dan

erin31
12-11-09, 13:13
It sounds like it could be both Dan, IBS and anxiety.
It is probably worse because you are stressing about it.
I don't know if you can get anything to help or not but one of my dogs had a bad wind problem (not that I'm comparing you to my dog lol) and charcoal tablets helped. I don't think they stop the wind so much as diffuse the smell!
But I think they do effect the absorbtion of any other medications you may take so you should really ask if you were thinking of trying some.
:)

yorkylover
12-11-09, 13:47
O yes a very common problem with anxiety and stress ect,I know the feeling well.xxx:blush::blush::blush::blush:

valleybear
12-11-09, 20:50
I get this in social situations where I feel under stress. Only thing is Mine stays inside and causes excrutiating pain from abdomen to chest area. Sometimes it is so bad that my breathing feels tight. I would give anything to get rid ...either way, usually antacids do not help, but a Valium sometimes relaxs me enough. Other than that it is lying down and we know we can't do that in meetings etc!!!! By the way I have been to these First Aider at work training sessions 4 times during my working life and they really are quite stressful..at least they were for me!

Desprate Dan
13-11-09, 08:14
Thanks for the advice, I really do suffer with churning/gurgling stomach and a lot of wind, i also suffer with Anxiety/Stress and IBS i believe now that they are all linked although i feel slightly on edge all the time, when i am put in a situation my stomach goes into overdrive and starts churning and producing a lot of wind, it stops you concentrating 100% because you are thinking oh no i think i need to pass wind again better get out of here what if it comes out loud or smelly, i would really be embarrassed so i have to leave the room..

I am intrested in what Erin31 mentioned about charcoal tablets, i am currently on medication Citalopram and Propanalol is it okay to take charcoal tablets and were can i obtain them??

Thank you all at least i know i am not alone..

DAN

teez
13-11-09, 13:48
hiya,,i know this feeling very well,,my stomachs real bad, i suffer from ceoliacs,,and ibs,,,so hells always a popping in my stomach,,i find peppermint capsules help,,even packets of mints sooth slightly. it is bad though when you out,,as it does always seem to act up more ,,when im at home if it starts i blame my dogs:roflmao:,, guess you could take a dog on a course,,:D

suzy-sue
13-11-09, 15:12
Hi Dan ,im on Citalopram too and have had more wind than usual on them ..:blush:Have you tried windeeze tabs ? Avoid eating the following food at least 24 hours before you have to go any where social; beans ,peas and onions ,cauliflower ,broccoli .&eggs . Bread causes it too ,,It wont stop it ,but it wont be so bad ..Good luck Sue x