PDA

View Full Version : Lexapro Loss of Sex Drive

BabyRachel
12-11-09, 09:05
I couldn't find a thread on this so forgive me if there is one.

I take 4mgs Lexapro and have been for perhaps the past two months. It has greatly improved my anxiety but one of the oh so fun side effects is a total loss of sex drive.. It wasn't immediate, but it has gradually reduced to nothing...

I've tried everything I can think of. Having sex, watching videos, having alone fun time, etc and NOTHING!

Has this happened to anyone else? Has anybody got any ideas for getting over it? Im going to speak to my doctor tomorrow about it but I don't know what she can do... :(:(:

KK77
13-11-09, 17:08
Know how you feel... This was the worst side effect for me with SSRIs. It does kind of get a bit better after a few months but hasn't returned to pre-SSRI levels. Some people say it returns to normal but that hasn't been my experience. There's not much doctors can do really apart from lowering dose or trying another med unfortunately.

Phill2
14-11-09, 02:06
Happened to me too.
It DOES come back but not to what it was.
Phill :shades:

doorbell
14-11-09, 02:17
Tell me, how long is it until it comes back? Even a little bit-still waiting and it's been 6 months now!

Phill2
14-11-09, 06:28
Hard to say cause the want is there if my wife starts things.
If not I don't think about it.
Phill :shades:

BabyRachel
14-11-09, 11:06
Its pretty horrible!
I mean I don't want to ditch the lexapro cos it helps me so much but I hate living without my sex drive....
Thanks for replying everyone.. I am glad to hear it SOMEWHAT comes back... better than nothing right?