PDA

View Full Version : panic and anxiety

karenlock
12-11-09, 10:06
well where do i start!my panic attacks start for no reason or thats how it feels:huh:.i shake,sweat.go dizzy,feel like im not real.im on citalopram and sometimes have to take diazapam which has eliviated some of the symptoms.drinking water helps with the dry mouth,and sitting down seems to help aswell.what i find unhelpful is ppls lack of understanding and ignorance.just because a persons illness isnt visible doesnt mean its not there!!

carter
12-11-09, 10:16
definatley....

but the good thing is now you are speaking to people who are all in the same boat...

we are all here to support each other

:hugs:

gypsywomen
12-11-09, 10:41
yes dont feel alone we can help

laurasharley18
12-11-09, 13:32
When you say you dont feel real what do you mean? Thats what i get when an attack comes on and i find it really hard to explain :S I feel lost or like i dont know where i am, its really scary when im alone.

hana
12-11-09, 14:10
Completely agree. Alot of people don't understand what it is and why it is so difficult to live with. What you have to remember is there are also lots of people who do understand and that are here to support you :)
I know what you mean about not feeling real, i get that alot, i don't know why but holding my head and sitting on the floor really works for me. Sometimes the small things can really make a diffrence :)

hana x

karenlock
12-11-09, 16:20
its hard to explain what it feels like when i feel like im not there.its like everything around me is really loud n moving really fast n im goin really slow and when i talk i know its me but it doesnt feel like it.thanks for all the replies its nice to meet ppl who are goin through the same.its weird i was going to see my gp yesterday to see if my meds could be reduced n i ended up ringing her n having to ask for diazepam(after a huge bout of panic)she said my meds arent to be reduced n il prob have to go bk nxt week to get some different meds frustrating!!!:wacko:

laurasharley18
14-11-09, 02:29
Yeh thanks for the posts to :) it definitely helps knowing there are people who do understand! Yeh i find it difficult to explain to. Its kinda like once i start to get the feeling i feel like if i dont try and tell myself everything is real that it will go so far that iwont be able to get back to reality :S ugh i just hate it...it used to only be sometimes but now i feel like im getting it daily because im worrying about it so much. Im worried i will feel like this forever like ill be in this 'other place' forever. :( x

MOJO
14-11-09, 09:46
This sounds very much like depersonalization/derealization you are suffering from. Loads of people who have anxiety and panic attacks get it. I do and I hate it. It's really frightening I know. If you look at the symptoms section on the left hand side of the screen it will give you some information about it.
Judy.x

june
14-11-09, 10:24
:hugs:Hi Karen,
This is a couple of lines i have copied from 'Symptoms' on the left of screen as suggested by MOJO. I find this section very helpful.
To find depersonalization/derealization you will have to scroll thro other interesting info - well worth a look
""You feel like you are not a part of what is going on, or that you feel like you are in a dream state or 'out of touch with things'. Also, things around you may seem like they are shimmering, foggy, hazy or too bright.""
Fear of fear and lack of understanding (by ourselves and others) makes our problem worse. :weep:
We afraid of our symptoms and afraid to tell anyone about them:weep:
Have you read any of Claire Weekes books? easy to understand.
Best wishes
June
:hugs:

karenlock
16-11-09, 09:32
thankyou 4 the replies i find u guys relly helpful and understanding.defo depersonalation i think worst luck x