PDA

View Full Version : Facial Twitching

stuart88
12-11-09, 12:37
The past couple of days my right eyelid has been twitching on and off. Also, twice today there has been twitching at the right hand side of my mouth for a few seconds each time. Has anyone else experienced a twitch like this? Can anxiety be a cause?

I googled it and obviously ended up at Brain Tumour so now I'm in a panic.

Gazman
12-11-09, 12:58
i highly doubt you have a brain tumor!

Don't google the twitching please! you will only get negative results, it is pure anxiety and is common, it could also be normal, many people get twitches for no reason.

gypsywomen
12-11-09, 13:42
it can be caused by a trapped nerve in your face dont worry love

Humly
12-11-09, 15:32
Hi. I've had this on quite a few occasions in the past - eylid, lip, side of nose, just under eyebrow etc - and it was most certainly down to anxiety and stress. sometimes it went on for months and at one point I even went to the doc about itand he said it was nothing to worry about. Try and forget about it (easier daid than done I know) and it will go away on its own.

bluebee
12-11-09, 15:44
Hi. I had this just a few days ago, my eyelid wouldn't stop twitching and it was really bugging me. I heard this kind of twitching can be caused by tiredness and is very common so don't worry.

mark1980
12-11-09, 16:10
Hi. I have had loads of twitching recently, for the first time. It's just anxiety and I too have been on the brain tumour worry thing recently. Tiredness and muscle tension both cause it - easier said than done but try to relax.

stuart88
18-11-09, 07:39
It's getting worse. :(

My eyelid has stopped twitching, but I'm getting frequent random twitches all over my body; my legs, arms, face etc.
Will talk to my Dr about it next time I go. Hopefully it's just from anxiety.

outlaw
18-11-09, 09:52
just a question but have you taken seroquel or risperidone for an extended period of time?

Gazman
18-11-09, 15:49
It's getting worse. :(

My eyelid has stopped twitching, but I'm getting frequent random twitches all over my body; my legs, arms, face etc.
Will talk to my Dr about it next time I go. Hopefully it's just from anxiety.

Started the same as me mate, trust me it is anxiety induced, twitching all over the body is not a sign of anything other than anxiety.

My twitches have only just started to calm down after 3-4 months lol

stuart88
20-11-09, 04:15
Started the same as me mate, trust me it is anxiety induced, twitching all over the body is not a sign of anything other than anxiety.

My twitches have only just started to calm down after 3-4 months lol

You sure about that? Would be a great relief if true.

Within the last 5 minutes I've had twitches on my left thigh, right arm and top of my back on the right.
As you can probably imagine, I'm starting to get freaked out.

looking4answers
20-11-09, 05:08
I get this all over in different places at the most weirdest times. I do have a rather annoying twitch in my face muscles when I yawn or smile.. I have read that most of these are benign things that happen for different reasons.

I have had the one in the face for awhile and my jaw feels swollen at times but I think most of it is from TMJ.. I really don't worry to much about them although it is irritating at times..

Gazman
20-11-09, 09:29
You sure about that? Would be a great relief if true.

Within the last 5 minutes I've had twitches on my left thigh, right arm and top of my back on the right.
As you can probably imagine, I'm starting to get freaked out.

I'm sure, i've had it for months and nothing has happened to me :yesyes: if your concerned please go to your doctor and ask them, i'm sure they will tell you the same.

stuart88
22-11-09, 01:45
Widespread twitching is getting worse and I'm really freaking out.
I asked a Q on Yahoo(I don't know why) and was told in no uncertain terms that they thought my twitches could be a symptom of a tumour.
Got an appointment with the Doctor on thursday but I think I'm going to have to get it moved forward as I'm in a panic now. :(

looking4answers
22-11-09, 01:54
Still have mine especially every time I smile or yawn..Its weird..but I guess I haven't died of it yet. I don't like it either..and a little worried but sometimes the twitches just go away.. Good luck to you and hope you feel better. .Michael

KK77
22-11-09, 02:00
I asked a Q on Yahoo(I don't know why) and was told in no uncertain terms that they thought my twitches could be a symptom of a tumour.
Got an appointment with the Doctor on thursday but I think I'm going to have to get it moved forward as I'm in a panic now. :(

That's very unlikely. It's a thousand times more likely to be anxiety related. Constant panic/anxiety causes muscle tension. Over time, these muscles can develop twitches/spasms etc as a response to the tension.

There should be a health warning about coming into the Health Anxiety forum - I'm already feeling twitchy...

Gazman
22-11-09, 02:51

What a load of BS, go to the doctors mate and he/ she will say anxiety!

stuart88
24-11-09, 03:49
What a load of BS, go to the doctors mate and he/ she will say anxiety!
Hope so, hope so.:)

My twitches are still going strong, lol. Thighs, Calves, Arms, Face. Everywhere. =[
Some of the twitches sort of feel like my muscle is bubbling. It's hard to describe.
Just doing my best not to panic atm. Doctors on Thursday so not long to go now.:yesyes:

Been getting some high pitched ringing in my ears as well. Comes on randomly and only lasts for a minute or 2 usually. It's barely noticeable if I'm busy but I notice it when I'm lying in my bed, or in a really quiet place.

Danath
24-11-09, 04:57
Twiching is common with anxiety I do it all the time, my eyelids are worst for it, they're always dancing a jig especially if im wound up.

don't worry mate It won't be a tumour, jsut stres and anxiety.

DAn