PDA

View Full Version : Mirtazapine - sleepiness

clairescavys
12-11-09, 13:22
Hi everyone

I've taken my first dose of mirtazapine last night, and boy did it make me tired! I could barely stay awake through tea and was in bed and asleep by 7:00pm (usually in bed about 10:00pm). Woke up today and still felt extremely tired. Did get up and shower and have breakfast, but I felt so sluggish, slow and tired and my vision/focus was not quite right, so I took the day off work.

Can anyone please tell me if these symptoms go away? I ask, as I don't wish to keep taking days off work, but the way I felt yesterday and today was 'zombeified'. :) I would like to be able to function normally and not sleep for 17 hours straight! Thanks very much.

jo61
14-11-09, 13:55
It does knock you out initially but settles down after a couple of weeks. I take mine when I'm turning my light out - otherwise I feel groggy and strangely agitated. The 'hangover' effect will wane too but it may take a couple of weeks. It's been a godsend so hopefully will help you too.

:hugs:

clairescavys
14-11-09, 14:22
Hi Jo61, thanks very much for your reply. Much appreciated and very helpful. I'm on my third day of using Mirtazapine, and although it is slightly better, I'm finding that during the day I struggle to focus visually and mentally, and I'm a bit like Bambi when he was first born - all over the place and can't walk straight! :) Also feel very tired, with little physical energy. I'm very glad to hear that this (hopefully!) will disappear as I do not want to keep feeling like this, as it's not a great feeling and it means I cannot function properly.